Any indication as to when the MSI GT75VR Titan will be showing up?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Enkeixpress, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    The GT75VR has the better keyboard (mechanical and per key RGB lihgting), the much better screen (did people miss that it's 94% NTSC and HDR equipped?), and may even have better thermals.

It makes no sense to buy a GT73 right now, before finding out the price and release date for its replacement. The GT75 very well may launch at the same price the GT73 did. That would make it a no-brainer.

2. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You are correct. It makes sense to wait for the GT75VR to release if you don't already have a GT73VR. My only two concerns are with how much the model with the i7 7820HK & GTX 1080 is going to cost at launch and when exactly it's going to be released. I have around five or so weeks worth of work to save up the cash needed to purchase a GT73VR and if the GT75VR does show up by the time I've gathered up the required cash, I'll most likely grab the GT75VR instead, simply because I know that it will be a better performing system. Let's hope that it doesn't launch with many defects or issues at launch. I have high hopes for the GT75VR, it looks to be a very promising gaming laptop, much like its predecessor.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  3. superguy25

superguy25 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wouldn't bank on the GT75 coming in at the same price as the GT73. MSI's been doing some weird stuff with pricing this year - especially with the revamped GE series coming at prices where the GT series normally sat. At least with what I'm seeing, they're generally higher with not much difference (better thermals, slightly upgraded hardware) from last year's models (unless you go for the Max-Q models). It also looks like MSI cut the warranty back to 1 year now instead.

If nothing else, waiting can possibly get you some better prices on the "previous" models.

saturnotaku likes this.
  4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's what I did when acquired my GT73. For an i7 6820HK/GTX 1080 model, I paid less than 2/3 of what a comparable new 7820HK/GTX 1080 one would have cost, and the seller included the surprisingly excellent MSI Gaming Series backpack that I now take to work every day.

5. PredatoR_TR

PredatoR_TR Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    MSI is louder than Clevo? I will be damned if that is so! :)

6. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Let's not forget that the new MSI Will have a new screen with 3ms response time and HDR support and a new mechanical keyboard. These Will surely boost the price.
    I am betting the MSRP to be around $3199.

And about fan noise...for me the Clevo p775dm3-g was louder than the GT73VR.

7. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    The GT70 came out at the launch price of the GT780
    The GT72 came out at the launch price of the GT70
    The GT73 came out at the launch price of the GT72

Do you see the pattern?

They've all had things the previous model didn't (especially in the GT70 -> GT72 leap), but MSI didn't increase the prices.

I've been wrong before, though. I'll be surprised.

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's the same cycle all over. :)

Midas Touch likes this.
  9. superguy25

superguy25 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    And MSI has subsequently gimped the GT72 with the release of the GT73. And the GE series is now starting to occupy the place the GT72 occupied ...

Patterns are starting to break.

10. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    1. MSI "gimped" the GT72VR, so they could lower the price, allowing the GT73 to slot in at the GT72's launch price.

2. It seems to me that MSI is trying to establish proper tiers. Business wise, the GE series should occupy the current GT72VR space, as there's no point in keeping two GT laptops at once. It's better to elevate the quality of the GE series, than it is to gimp the predecessor when the new GT model is released.

If anything, this is just evidence that the pattern is going to continue.

If I'm right, the entry level GT75VR will be $2,199. Only time will tell.