Any ideas when XPS with alderlake will be released? Does dell do black friday/holiday sales?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by whoareyoufrom?, Sep 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. whoareyoufrom?

whoareyoufrom? Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Was going to get a 2021 xps 17 then I read alderlake is coming soon and will have significant performance boost so I can wait, any rough ideas?

I haven't bought a brand new laptop in a while I don't know the cpu release cycles. As well, what would be the best time to buy one, does dell do sales on new laptops?

thx.

2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Most likely 1th or 2nd quarter in 2022. Nothing before that.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. whoareyoufrom?

Reputations:
    thanks for reply, 2nd quarter is fine for me I need to save up a little it won't be cheap but hopefully will be a beast.

Papusan likes this.
  4. TwistedAndy

TwistedAndy Newbie

Reputations:
    The new XPS notebooks will be released on May 2022. They will be 15-20% faster in single thread and nearly 20-30% in multithread (for 6p+8e CPU). The GPU will be mostly the same.

I don't think, that we would see the update earlier, because the Alder Lake H45/H55 chips will be announced in March or April.

5. whoareyoufrom?

Reputations:
    thanks very much for this information, a few months later and a new GPU is coming out in october, argh. I'll pull that trigger in october.

6. TwistedAndy

TwistedAndy Newbie

Reputations:
    Dell updates the XPS 15 and 17 models every May. I don't think that they will break the schedule with the new video cards from nVidia.

7. whoareyoufrom?

Reputations:
    I see, that's a long time May 2023, probably May 2022 if I'm getting the xps 17 is fine, either that or if I find out a new gaming laptop is coming out in october like an asus rog 17 or something, that's longest I'll wait.