Any i7 8750H laptop with 4h battery life,good and silentcooling, 17.3" screen and at least 1050Ti?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Alexandru Duna, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexandru Duna

Alexandru Duna Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are there any laptops that meet these requirements:
    - i7 8750H cpu (or whatever other CPU with at least 6 cores)
    - battery life of at least ~4h (this requirement can be dropped)
    - good cooling
    - silent (clarification: I don't mean dead silent, just that it doesn't make unconfortable sounds, especially at max load)
    - dedicated GPU, at least 1050Ti
    - 17.3" screen?
    - not very heavy (around 3kg at most)
    Bonus requirement: not overly expensive (in no way over 1700$)..

2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  3. Alexandru Duna

Alexandru Duna Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot! :) I am really wondering, is the cooling on the GP73 Leopard better than TongFang GK5CN6Z's?

4. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi,

Since you gave me the exact specs, I can give you the exact models that match your criteria: noteb search.
    You can see and change the search parameters using the "Refine results" button in the upper-left part of the search results page. You can also click on the laptops for more information.

Most of the laptops in my list are ok and have no significant issues.
    Since you want them to be silent, I can tell you that the Asus FX705GM and Asus GL704GM, even though they are good laptops and with decent cooling, are pretty loud under load.
    The MSI laptops are pretty quiet though I would recommend the MSI GE73 over the MSI GP73. The MSI GP73 is mostly plastic build, which sometimes starts to show signs of wear after a year or so. The GE73 has better build materials, but the cooling and internals are mostly the same.

The Clevo PA71ES is also pretty quiet.

I think that's about it.

The cooling in the Tongfan and MSI are similar I think, but the Tongfang is noisier as far as I know. Though they do give you the option to choose from a few fan profiles.

It will also help to lower the noise by replacing the thermal paste, either by purchasing the cooling mod from HidEvolution or XoticPC or doing it yourself with Gelid Extreme, IC Diamond or if you know what you are doing, liquid metal.

5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    I believe Donald from HIDevolution has access to the data for all the laptops so if you shoot him an email he would be able to tell you according to their testing what temps were recorded for both. That'd be the most accurate and unbiased answer coming directly from their tech builders who build these laptops.

6. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looking at the tongfang heatsink it looks pretty good so wouldn't be surprised if it matches MSI's.

Alexandru Duna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.