Any Asus Zephyrus S15 2020 fan noise information?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by vahdyx, Apr 26, 2020.

1. vahdyx

vahdyx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know it's a long shot and I'll likely just have to wait it out, but I loved the 2019 version until I played games. It (the fans) was far too loud and I couldn't ignore it and had to return it.

Everything else was great minus that!

I'm hoping this liquid metal app will improve the noise and the fact it's a max q version instead of 2070 full fat.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh the Zephyrus S 15 WILL have a full fat 2070 super. The only max-q in its lineup will be the 2080 Max-q

And the reason why Asus laptops are so loud is due to the insane fan curve that Asus sets so that people dont complain about temperatures. I dont think they've changed the overly aggressive fan curve but at least they allow you to make your own fan curve now.

vahdyx likes this.
  3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you thought about adding a notebook cooler underneath the system? By pushing more airflow to the system it can help to drive down the temperature thus reducing the fan speed and its noise.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=notebook+cooler&i=electronics&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
    [​IMG]

upload_2020-4-30_21-11-3.png

4. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Normally I only recommend cooling pads for laptops with a large bottom intake like Gigabyte and Lenovo laptops. If not just propping the back of the laptop up will work as well.

I prefer modding my own cooling pads to run the fans at 9-12v though.

Cooling pads on the Zephyrus S15 (and S17) however are completely pointless due to its AAS which has a solid metal plate that lifts the back of the laptop up.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.