Anti-Virus Question?

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by DrewP1337, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Znender

Znender Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'd recommend either Kaspersky or NOD32.

And for maximum protection, their packages are pretty good. Like for Kaspersky Internet Security, it bundles the antivirus, firewall, antispam, antiphisher, and various other protection along with the package.
    Works great for me and had never experienced a single problem with detection of viruses or any form of infection problems. And as an added bonus, it runs with fairly low resource usage, much unlike McAfee or Norton antivirus systems.

There's also the NOD32 package, called Eset Smart Security. It bundles in a similar package which runs really well, along with very low resource usage (similar to NOD32's Usage) and fast scanning.
    However, it's only in Beta stage but you can download it for free and have a test of it here: http://www.eset.com/beta/

Imo, both are great buys and I highly recommend obtaining either of them and you will be well protected.

2. Wingsbr

Wingsbr NBR Decepticon NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yeah, they only allow links to the front page site so you will get 404 forbidden's if you don't use this link here http://www.av-comparatives.org/

3. R4000

R4000 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Really? It gets a detection update everyday, and I put it against Symantec's online virus scanner and neither found anything. Granted, my "test" was not very scientific as I probably had no viruses to begin with............;)

4. the caveman

the caveman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    stay away from norton and mcafee they suck , nod 32 and kaspersky are very good , but i use AVG cause its free and does its job.

5. System64

System64 Windows 7 x64

Reputations:
    Erm, what about avast! ?:(

6. streather

streather Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    nod32 if your looking to spend

avira or avast if your looking for a free solution :)

in my opinion of course

7. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Mime with Tourette's

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.