Another D.I.Y Laptop Cooler Project [W.I.P]

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by hacktrix2006, Jul 28, 2021.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Thanks, I chose Stainless Steel due to it being heavy which means i won't be chasing my laptop round, but also because i like to buff stuff to a mirror finish too. Yes converting to Aluminum would be good to make a heatsink from the stand however using steel also has the advantage of being structurally more stable.

As for the Molex Vs USB, after seeking advise from @Mr. Fox i agree with what he said and the risk of frying a USB on this expensive laptop is not worth it. Not only that going to Molex makes life for me easier it means i don't need to solder anything.

I can't wait to complete the whole thing, yes its complicated however it will be built to last with maintance and replacements being easy to do.

2. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    USB w/ external power supply was the intent not using the ports on the laptop.

Structurally AL can be as firm as you want with thickness / braces applied to it. If they can make vehicles out of it I'm sure a laptop stand shouldn't be an issue other than the welding method changes needed.

Just offering suggestions.

Starlight5, Mr. Fox and hacktrix2006 like this.
  3. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Thanks for your suggestion, I am grateful.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mr. Fox likes this.