Another brand subwoofer in a CLEVO

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by MahmoudDewy, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Lightning_-

Lightning_- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @ssj92 MSI GT72 Sub dims: 2-1/8"W 15/16"H 2-13/16" L . Seller just told me. I want to put it in my p770DM, L&W is fine for HDD bay, but yeah the height is too much as you said @Danishblunt . Above the HDD bay is my touchpad. Are there any slimmer subwoofer options anyone could suggest? The available height I can get is around 5/8".

2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You can look into the L702x sub or older subs from the MSI GT 70 / GT 60 series, they are still good and will barely fit. Your best shot is going for a L702x sub and mod it with a custom box. The GT 70/60 are still rather high, so it will be quite some fiddlework while the L702x sub not as high, hence rather easy to pull off.

3. Lightning_-

Reputations:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have a 3d printer so I could make a custom box. Do you know if I could mod the gt-72 sub with a shorter custom box? I just don't know if the gt-72 sub has enough empty space inside for this.

4. poprostujakub

poprostujakub Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Attached Files:

MahmoudDewy and Danishblunt like this.
  5. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Awesome, thanks for posting!

6. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    This is a very cool mod, even tho the sub seems rather weak, or whatever recorded the audio was bad.

Could you try this with something like a GT 72 sub? :)

7. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    I think it might be 2 high, I might be wrong tho since I didnt open the box of a GT 72 sub yet, but I know that a GT 70 sub is height wise a bit complicated to fit into a clevo system. So maybe you can ask mafia abought the height of the actual sub without the box.

Lightning_- likes this.
  8. Lightning_-

Reputations:
    @DaMafiaGamer would you know the height of the actual gt72 sub without the box? It's a bit too high for my clevo p770dm hdd bay, so I'm wonderining if I could redesign a shorter custom box for the gt72 sub itself to make it fit. The height available in my hdd bay is exactly 18.71mm or just under 3/4 in.

9. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Yeah I'm going back home tomorrow for the weekend. I'll get to measure my HDD caddy and see if it'll fit. If it will I'll try it out.

I just hope the laptop can drive the new sub. Increasing the Bass from 40% (default) to 100% in the sound blaster doesn't help much. So I don't know if it'll help switching to the other sub.

10. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    @MahmoudDewy
    @ssj92
    @Lightning_-
    I did not change the hardware on that clevo notebook. I made this for you showcasing that even if you swap out the sub you very likely won't notice a big difference. I swapped out the sub on different clevo models and all did improve a little bit, but still were not noticable enough to make a difference worth the upgrade, however after making my own sound driver mod now the difference is not only huge stock but also with a bigger sub.

Use headphones otherwise you won't hear a difference if your speakers are poop.