Anoter GTX1070 blew with me and mine P375SM

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by andrewff2, Sep 19, 2018.

1. andrewff2

andrewff2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah guys another one....

I don't even know where to start.

Well in 2017 i got a GTX1070 from ebay user "upgradeyourlaptop" as everyone know (i think) is eurocom representative. Two months after the card blew lots of resistors and no more video for me.

Then i got my 980m back on and continued to use till Apr 03rd when i got another 1070 from "upgradeyourlaptop" the same model same type of pcb.

Was using fine and today again the card blew.

Here are some pics:

blew01.JPG blew02.JPG blew03.JPG

I had the blew resistors removed and cleaned the back of the card with isopropyl alcohol and a soft toothbrush

I don't know what i am doing wrong... could this be a problem with my motherboard? my power brick?
    I don't think that it is because i used the 980m without problems for as long as I remember..

Here is my afterburner config when i'm playing games, and by the way i never let the card co beyond 83ºC (181.4ºF)

blew04.JPG

I rather use the fan's at 100% then let the card melt and for the thermal pads i'm using arctic ones
    What should i do?? the card still works but i think it will blew up soon and i don't have any idea what is the cause...

CAN someone PLEASE help me out with this?? I used my vacation payment and right now i don't have any means to get another one T_T

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    jaybee83 likes this.
  2. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    "upgradeyourlaptop" is Eurocom, from the green PCB I would guess that is the GeCube sourced 1070. These things are notoriously poor quality, you will find dozens of threads of here from people who've had them fail. You likely did nothing wrong, the card is just a POS - and to be honest i'm surprised Eurocom were still selling them in April this year given the amount of failures they were having. You can try contacting the seller about it, but I doubt they will be much help. Not sure what other options there are for the P375SM - there is an MSI 1070 but that may not fit in the chassis without modifications.

ole!!!, TheDantee and andrewff2 like this.
  3. andrewff2

Reputations:

Thanks for the reply, i don't mind making the modifications if it works. I didn't even knew that this card was faulty i even bought the card two times... they could tell me about the problem and helped me out :/ because i reported to them that the first card blew :/

Arrrrbol likes this.
  4. andrewff2

Reputations:
    Oh yeah is possible for me to just change the resistors? i have a bad card here so i can extract some parts..

Does anyone know what value are those blown resitors?

Here is the card that i can extract the parts:
    IMG_20180919_043437.jpg IMG_20180919_043502.jpg

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Don't bother trying to fix it, you should contact eurocom and tell them to replace the card, you should have warranty. Ask them specifically to replace for an MSI version of the Gecube Full GTX 1070 version.

The GTX 1070M version is, as already noted, known for blowing up.

XMG, andrewff2 and Arrrrbol like this.
  6. Grant B Gibson

Grant B Gibson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @bennyg is the person to ask about the 1070's, he modded two of them into his P370EM. You could likely do the same, and I plan to as well

7. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    He has MSI versions, they are very different from GeCube versions.

bennyg likes this.
  8. andrewff2

Reputations:

Yeah i contacted upgradeyourlaptop stating what happened to see his answer, if he just ignore me or says that theres nothing he can do.. should i go to ebay for a refund?!

9. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    If the option still exists yeah. They clearly gave you a faulty product.

10. andrewff2

Reputations:
    I've oppened a ticket to eurocom too and posted my paypal transaction ID well i hope they do something i got two cards same mode same vendor and no one told nothing about the problems that this model have even afer i told them that i was buying it because the card blew by itself.