Anime Discussion 3.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jin07, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gintoki

Gintoki Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

2. Shadowfate

Shadowfate Wala pa rin ako maisip e.

Reputations:
    It may have something to do with his Doctor father wanting to kill him. I guessed right when I somehow felt like losing is limbs was a sign of something

Also the point in which he appeared in the neck area is also a hint of why the Titans are weak against that point
    watching it

Ill update it if I have time. Not right now. although I am skipping a few shows right now I dont know if theyll catch up later

3. Harleyquin07

Harleyquin07 エミヤ

Reputations:
    Shingeki no Kyojin #9:

To be honest, not a lot really happens in this episode. Just a change of perspective and someone regaining a little of his lost memories.

Devil Survivor 2 #9:

A creative way of slaying what is essentially an orbital weapon powered by gravity and mass.

4. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    Mikasa's father and Eren's father were friends. it's stated that Eren's father, who is a doctor, has visited Mikasa a few times prior to taking Eren there. i'm sure both of their fathers wanted them to grow up with each other because i believe they were "test subjects".
    what are u talking about? when did Eren's father try to kill him??? i don't remember that. i remember his father trying to encourage him to keep fighting.

i believe Eren appears at the neck area because that's where he's able to fully control the titan that he summons or transforms into. titans have high natural regeneration abilities. IIRC, it's stated that the vital spot on the back of the neck is the only way to stop, and kill, a titan because it cuts off their regeneration.

also, i do not believe this is even taking place in Asia. probably around Europe somewhere. if u remember when the kidnappers, that killed Mikasa's parents, were talking. the "leader" was telling the guy that killed Mikasa's mother where Asians came from. he said something to the extent of: "...humans used to have "races". she (Mikasa's mother) was the last of her race. they are from a distant land called Asia..."

EDIT: just got done watching episode #9 and wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... talk about a friggin cliffhanger... :jawdropped:

5. INEEDMONEY

INEEDMONEY Homicidal Teddy Bear

Reputations:
    Correct...thus far.

They're in chapter 10 of the manga. Which is around 200pages long. They're about 1/3 of the way through it. 44 chapters have been released so far (45 coming next week I think).

After 44 chapters, I can tell you this will be a long anime. Not Shonen Jump long, but long...I can see at least 3 seasons pretty easily.

I'm amazed at how true to the manga they're staying. I mean...it's almost exactly like the manga (except they don't show them training until a little later in manga as a flashback but that's pretty exact too).

My favorite part of last eps is when the guy is explaining to the Commander who Mikasa is: someone worth a 100 average soldiers and would be a huge blow to humanity of lost. hahahaha

6. Shadowfate

Reputations:
    yeah that commander is a coward retreating as well as trying to kill Eren and Mikasa.

Actually that was the part i was mentioning the Syringe Syrum. I though he was killing him when i tried to remember it.

My theories

His form needs mass to fully form that is why he needs to be inside a Titan.

7. jin07

jin07 Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Slight manga spoilers:

He doesn't actually need to be inside another titan to fully form.

8. Shadowfate

Reputations:
    Well so much for my theory...

Hmmm I am still wondering on how that scnene takes place. I thought that the ones that saw him come out from the Titan swore to not speak of it then now everybody saw it?????

WHo told them?

9. Shadowfate

Reputations:
    The last episode of Attack on Titan was the worse episode in the sseries lol

NOthing happened much just more talk. At least the next episode looks good

10. INEEDMONEY

INEEDMONEY Homicidal Teddy Bear

Reputations:
    LoL. Yeah compared to the rest of the epicness that has happened that episode was boring. This week's episode was much better. Though still a lot of talking, it was emotional. It'll start picking back up again next week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.