Android P Thread

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Dr. AMK, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    They are all trying to make the ultimate Bezel Less phone, but not yet. Only Vivo concept did that with many concerns about durability and practicality.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/vivo-apex-concept-phone.814026/

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's why I am hopeful this Notch-gate crap will be gone within a generation, with through the screen fingerprint reading and camera pixel integration. It may take a full year, but at least I can enjoy my "notch-less" S7 Edge in the meantime.

Another reason to get the iPhone 8's or better screen coverage Samsung 9 and 9+, and wait out the era of the Notch. :)

Vasudev and Dr. AMK like this.
  3. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    And google doing a good job to go with the market step by step, and give the developer all tools to innovate,
    The hidden futuristic technologies already their in their pipelines, but they just want to slowly get all our $$$ first :).

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Android P: Exploring Android 9.0 + what it means for Google Pixel 3

Vasudev and Dr. AMK like this.
  5. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Top 5 Android P Features!

hmscott likes this.
  6. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

I don't get what Google is thinking. A dock is supposed to look neat, complementing your wallpaper, not add a massive shade over it. More light colours everywhere for increased OLED battery consumption and burn-in? How will this look on 16:9 screens? Putting the large search-pill below the app row already looked maladroit to me. Why dumb down quick-tiles (long-press removed), making them less quick, while adding granular control to the volume pop-up?

I wouldn't be too worried about Android supporting notches natively. Phone makers will still go the direction they feel is right in terms of hardware, and supporting all the variations out there as best as possible has always been Google's mission. Just because the Essential PH-1, LG G7, Huawei P20, Asus ZenFone 5, and Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S have notches doesn't mean all future phones will. It's important for the OS and its apps to be adaptable to common screen variations. Even the iPhone X can struggle in that regard.

Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  7. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    They already knows about almost everything coming in the future, they have so deep communications with their partners as I guess. Don't forget that's only an early version for developers and testing purposes, and they can change/modify it and add or remove functions.

8. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh yes, and I wasn't saying we wouldn't see more notched phones. A notchpocalypse is hopefully a stretch though... I would raise an eyebrow if it turns out as popular as ditching the headphone jack, another "feature" that similarly receives bad press. I'm also aware that the developer preview is indeed for developers to get a leg-up on development before the update reaches consumers. Just as with previous iterations, Google will make changes and I'm curious to see how much of the initial feedback they take to heart this time.

hmscott and Dr. AMK like this.
  9. BeastsForever.TheDragon

BeastsForever.TheDragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    LineageOS cheif developer allready said, androidP is a revamped androidO, a thing happend similiarly between androidL and androidM.

And the worst of the worst, the new P wont support dual bios(Bootloader+recovery config that traditionally all manufacturers used), meaning for a guy like me who roots phones and uses a custom rom always, things are going to get pretty ****ty

Dr. AMK likes this.
  10. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Smartphone Operating System Market - Global Market Synopsis, Growth Factors, Industry Segmentation, Regional Analysis And Competitive Analysis 2017 - 2025

Smartphone Operating System Market Grows - Android Holds the Largest Market Share
    Download PDF Brochure @ https://goo.gl/qrhYms

Smart phone operating system, software designed to run specifically on the mobile devices. It acts as an interface between the hardware and application program, thereby enabling user friendly interface. Some of the well -known operating system in the market are Android by Google, Apple iOS, Bada by Samsung and Symbian by Nokia and others. Among the following Operating system Android and Apple iOS holds the major market share.

There has been a continuous rise in the smart phone users mainly due to the increased adoption of mobile services such as mobile apps and websites in all sectors; hence it has resulted in propelling the growth of smart phone operating system market. Simultaneously user friendly service provided by the operating system has resulted in gaining more popularity thereby enhancing the market growth. For instance Android is regarded as the most users friendly and popular operating system and hold about 80% share in the mobile operating system market followed by Apple iOS and others.

[​IMG]