And so I bought a CF-18DHAZXKM for my balcony for music.

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Rob, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driller

Driller Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    secretly stashed in the bucket is a list of things Rob wants to do before he kicks the bucket. The words "I do" begin a series of complicated events that are biologically encrypted and hard wired in his genetic code. Little does he know of the turn of events that are about to befall him. Many tried to warn him of the outcome of hasty decisions even though he seems to think he's in control and fully aware of his choices. Rob, we wish you well and hope you never sober up. You don't know a person till you've met them in court someone once said, be it a tennis court or whatever. We will miss you, however your wife's aim will only improve as my father-in-law once told me and since we know again she carrys a knife and a gun ..... well the rest will soon be history..Driller

2. Toyo

Toyo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Driller, your are too much:D

That bucket is full of ****. It's for when his new wife starts throwing it into the fan. We all warned you Rob!!

3. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Thanks guys! I'm alive and well. Much better today. Yesterday was HELL! GOOD LORD! I had to drink a beer to feel better yesterday. I had a blast and everyone was beyond wasted...

I will probably type up a synopsis of what I pieced back together from Saturday night soon :)

Happy 4th everyone! :)

4. stumo

stumo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Back to the topic at hand, I always just assumed that the power input plug formed a watertight seal with the socket on the 18/19. Is that not the case?

Either way a small bead of silicone carefully around both plugs would do the trick, or waterproof grease if you want something less permanent.

Did you really pay $350 bux for a broken CF-18D?

5. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    I don't know... You would think it would but I'm sure it doesn't. Thats the only issue with Pannys claim to fame is that all the port covers have to be securely closed whilst spraying with a hose :D

HELL NO! Haha, but they are selling all day long at that price :) lol.

6. John229

John229 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Go to Radio Shack and get some COAX sealant. It's a thick rubberized putty used to seal connections on coax for TV and I used it for satellite installs. It's water and weatherproof.

7. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    I think this is the same slimy crap they use in telephony right?

Thanks

8. John229

John229 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ever used self bonding rubber tape? Along the same line but more like a thick putty... It'll stick to the surface of what is being sealed to waterproof it. It's pretty inert after that. ;)