AMD's Ryzen CPU's (Ryzen/TR/Epyc) & Vega/Polaris GPU's

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Rage Set, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The sound of Power!! :D

AMD Radeon VII (Seven) | Noise and Temperatures | Cooler Performance | Vega 20 7 nm
    Microwilli
    Published on Feb 7, 2019
    Testing the Noise and Temperatures in Furmark and Battlefield V as well as Idle Scenario

Zero939 3 days ago
    "Passengers of flight AMD 747 please fasten your seatbelts as we are about ready for takeoff. We are looking at a smooth flight ahead with mild turbulence from a leftover storm. We thank you for flying AMD"

Squating Slav 3 days ago
    "@Microwilli Can you see what kind of difference undervolting does to the temps and noise? Like Vega 64 it undervolts very well."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ao43xl/radeon_vii_insanely_overvolted_undervolting/

Microwilli 3 days ago
    "my card undervolts to 1V which is quite good. clockspeeds dont change much, about 20-30 MHz more. the gpu temp is higher because the hotspot temperature is lower and the fans ramp up less.. As i said when the drivers arent beta anymore i will do a video about it. It will be in german, but youll see what im doing on screen as well as hear the results ;-)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ao05xo/radeon_vii_reviews_megathread/

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Raiderman likes this.
  2. hmscott

Reputations:
    Good news!, preview driver was the stability problem, the new publicly available driver HU used for this video was stable. :)

Not much new from the 12 game review video, more games favoring Nvidia arch drags down the average a few points.

AMD Radeon VII Mega 33 Game Benchmark vs. RTX 2080, GTX 1080 Ti, Vega 64 & More!

Hardware Unboxed
    Published on Feb 10, 2019

Pinned by Hardware Unboxed
    Hardware Unboxed14 hours ago
    1080p and 4K graphs can be download here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/amd-radeon-vii-24597821

cj_miranda23 and Raiderman like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Liquid Metal TIM Shaves 5°C Off Radeon VII Junction Temperatures
    Techpowerup.com by btarunr Today, 03:45

Replacing the thermal pad between the Radeon VII GPU and its cooler with liquid metal TIM was found to lower the GPU's maximum junction temperature by 5 °C, and a 24 MHz gain in minimum sustained engine clock speed was observed, by German professional overclocker Roman "der8auer" Hartung. AMD uses a strip of highly conductive Hitachi Chemical TC-HM03 thermal pad as the interface material between its reference Radeon VII cooling solution and the "Vega 20" MCM.

Cass-Olé and hmscott like this.
  4. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wish this card sells well so we can have a great battle for supremacy this upcoming next gen cards.

hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    AMD's Radeon Vega VII's got a good start, it sold out on the first day!!

AMD can't sell more than they've made, so I hope AMD kicks production up a notch or two.

R7 will have to do until October...of course the rest of the RX GPU gang are still price competitive in their respective classes, so there's still plenty of good AMD GPU's for sale.

Raiderman likes this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yes its my ASIC value.
    Where did I deny the voltage issue, I said my card can't overvolt just because of temp limit. I found a way to keep the dGPU clocks very low using TrayPwrdown which forces the dGPU to be in lowest clock possible.
    I do have many screenshots but which driver was used exactly, I don't know and even then those older drivers refuse to install on RS4 and above. Let me check.

7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Raiderman, James D and cj_miranda23 like this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    The Complete AMD Radeon VII Tech Briefing + Q&A Session
    Tech ARP
    Published on Feb 11, 2019
    Here is the official AMD Radeon VII tech briefing + Q&A session!
    Full details: https://www.techarp.com/computer/amd-radeon-vii-tech-briefing/

Radeon VII Undervolting and Noise Test
    Game Tech Reviews
    Published on Feb 10, 2019
    This is how to make the Radeon VII quiet.
    Default fan profile hits near 3000 rpm.
    With this custom fan profile in wattman we are now running at around 2200rpm. The resulting noise profile is similar to a stock GTX 1080 FE making it relatively quiet and easy to live with.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  9. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    Radeon VII available on AMD.com
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/apgnho/radeon_vii_available_on_amdcom/
    https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-vii
    amd Radeon Vega VII available again on amd.jpg

Google translated from German...

Radeon VII gets Radeon Pro software support
    Published on: Monday, February 11, 2019 at 15:00 by Andreas Schilling
    https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.p...kommt-radeon-pro-software-unterstuetzung.html

"AMD has released the first 2019 version of its Radeon Pro software driver. As in the previous version, there will also be a new driver every quarter this year. The driver with the somewhat bulky name Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 19.Q1 should be between 8 and 33% faster than the Enterprise Edition 18.Q1. More interesting would of course be compared to the Enterprise Edition 18.Q4, because usually the most recent driver is likely to be used and not one year old.

Not only in terms of performance AMD sees itself against the competition from NVIDIA by the software at an advantage, but also by the widest possible support of the driver.At the start, 320 applications have already been certified.
    [​IMG]
    AMD Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 19.Q1

The image boost technology is also intended to help ensure that the display quality is higher in conjunction with VR applications.
    [​IMG]
    AMD Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 19.Q1

In addition, AMD announces that the Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 19.Q1 or later release will also support the Radeon VII (test) . In the first generation of Vega, only the Frontier editions were supported by the Radeon Pro software, while the Radeon RX Vega models had to do without the Enterprise driver. However, it is unknown what exactly the Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition will be released for the Radeon VII.

The Radeon VII could well be worthwhile as an acquisition in certain areas due to their higher FP64 computing power. The comparison to the Radeon RX Vega 64 shows this quite clearly.

Computing power of the Radeon VII
    Computing Power of Radeon VII.JPG
    The Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 19.Q1 can now be downloaded directly from AMD."

AMD Radeon VII will get Radeon Pro Software support soon
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/aph39l/amd_radeon_vii_will_get_radeon_pro_software/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Raiderman likes this.