AMD's Ryzen CPU's (Ryzen/TR/Epyc) & Vega/Polaris GPU's

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Rage Set, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I'm sure AMD can squeeze out more, but 30% is a bit on the high side for 56/64:D But they have to try, as they pushed out Vega a year after Pascal and won't come with a new in long time:cool: Btw... Can AMD squeeze out +-30% more powa for Threadripper as well?:p Damn, Intel's 18 core 7980Xe will be killed. By big margin even slightly OC'd.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Carrot Top

Carrot Top Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    30%+ due to FineWine™? Yeah, sure.

Robbo99999 and Papusan like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yes, 25% would have been more "reasonable", I did think you upped it to 30% to reduce the likelihood of "eating your hat" o_O

Fruit is good for you, so I hope you are cheering for AMD to match or beat 30% improvements to performance through RX Vega driver updates :D

Rage Set and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    I mean the 30% numbers is from yooo. You started to be worry about my health? Thanks:vbthumbsup: Too much fructose is not good as yoo know, LOL
    upload_2017-9-13_3-12-44.png

hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    AMD tweaks Ryzen with 30% improvement on Ashes benchmark
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/56937/amd-tweaks-ryzen-30-improvement-ashes-benchmark/index.html

"AMD has been optimizing as many games as it could, working with Stardock and Oxide Games to improve Ryzen performance on Ashes of the Singularity - by a pretty decent amount.

We have up to 30% more performance on the flagship Ryzen 7 1800X processor with the new update, and then there's more performance improvements promised for the upcoming v2.20.x major update."

AMD Ryzen chips see big performance improvements with gaming optimizations
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/amd-ryzen-ashes-optimization/
    56937_03_amd-tweaks-ryzen-20-improvement-ashes-benchmark.png

TBoneSan and Papusan like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    Read your own words... "AMD got that 30% and more with previous improvements on RX4xx / RX5xx, and Ryzen, so I wouldn't be surprised to see AMD do that again with ThreadRipper."

When can I expect too see those numbers?:D I'm sure Threadripper is around 3400cb in CBR-15 now. So I should expect seeing 4420cb in the end of this year? Or latest in the start of 2018 ?:D

7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Sit back and relax, and watch the world go by my friend, you can't rush perfection :confused::eek::D

Besides, specific benchmark improvements are too limiting, Ryzen improvements might come from unexpected places, I didn't expect them to come from Ashes first either.

It's a process that AMD has fewer people to move forward than Intel, so stop buying Intel and start buying AMD so they have more $$$$ to invest in improving current and future products.

That's how you can help AMD make it come true. You have to do your part as well. Eating fruit hats will only benefit you, not AMD, buy AMD along with your hats. :)

8. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Cheers for the link. Solid improvements there.

Papusan and hmscott like this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    AMD have already more people to move forward...:D And if they could squeeze down the HBM2 prices and started earn money. Maybe we can see they can come up on par with Intel late 2020 or there:) To the better for us all.

hmscott likes this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    Yup, huge gains in market share for DIY AMD CPU and components, and AMD GPU's are sold out whenever they hit the market, but still it's gotta keep going that way for a few years before AMD is strong and back on solid track.

Until then, about 3 years after Intel get's the message that they need to drop prices and start innovating again. That's about how long it takes, 18 months to 3 years, for a new development to ship out to production, so if Intel's gotten the message we still won't see product worth buying from Intel for 2-3 years.

Until then Intel's gonna be shipping "pigs dressed so as to fly" from Intel trying to at least visually match AMD's new products.

Don't be fooled by Intel's "pigs in pokes", buy AMD :)