AMD scheduled to release major update to enduro platform - promises unified driver

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Meaker@Sager, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
  2. Montage

Montage Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So there are some Enduro enhancements coming by the end of the year. Hopefully they aren't just facelifts for the UI. They do point out that some performance enhancements are coming too and I hope that those will actually fix the fps drops that people are having, instead of just increasing the max fps.

3. Coca

Coca Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Delete....

4. Exposed88

Exposed88 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Finally an update.

5. littlecx

littlecx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    end of the year? and 8970 will be announced at the end of the year?

6. Captain_Bobby

Captain_Bobby Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am tired of promises.....I bought this expensive laptop with the 7970M because of promises....and look where it got me 4 months later. If AMD or a Clevo reseller happens to read this, I want you to understand one very simple fact. You have lost this customer for life.

7. Zymphad

Zymphad Zymphad

Reputations:
    If you read the article, it doesn't address the issue of performance. It's mostly just a UI update at this point. AMD said they know there is performance issue, but didn't say they fixed it. It's still broken.

8. Nick11

Nick11 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Agreed... I think every year the laptop market for gaming enthusiasts such as ourselves is going to get bigger... and to be blunt honest I do not know if I would go Clevo/Sager again after this fiascle..."I KNOW I wont consider AMD".

I went with my Clevo laptop because I wanted a laptop that was respectable enough to bring to a meeting in the board room at work, but still have the gaming power i desire....

With advances in laptops such as the Macbook Pro and the new Razer laptop using the 660m, I think I will have lots of options when I get my new machine.

I will likely be selling this laptop and purchasing a newer model in spring of 2013...... and guess who wont be getting my business??

9. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes but if you look at it, and they decouple the drivers (Intel + AMD) AND they produce reference drivers, then while yes they didn't directly address performance, at least it will be MUCH easier to get updates for everything :) Plus they're working on the performance part, don't worry =)

10. Montage

Montage Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually they said that the performance of the 7000m series, especially the 7970M, hasn't been optimized yet, and that a performance fix is coming either with the "october driver" or the one coming in Dec. However, it doesn't directly speak about the performance issues we are facing.

But still, my hopes are up again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.