AMD Radeon 6630M? Overclockable?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by beomsu21, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth voldemort

darth voldemort Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    here is the page of trixx to overclock and underclock. If you were here and it didn't work, I don't really know how to help you hopefully somebody else does.
    for me, I just dragged that little dial in orange.

[​IMG]

2. ch4mpoleon

ch4mpoleon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hmm... I think it's because of the version
    yours, it's said v0.421

but mine is v307

I don't know what happen, i've download it from official page that said v4.0 version.. but when it was installed :confused: it's said v3.07 >>>
    [​IMG]
    so different..

maybe you can upload the installer in here ? :D

3. darth voldemort

darth voldemort Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    THIS is where I downloaded it, but darnet im trying to think of the name of person who gave me this link. If I remember I'll edit it into here. for now,
    UpShare.me - The easy file hosting

4. trivolve

trivolve Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    how much have u all manage to overclock by?

5. valrond

valrond Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm at 700/900 atm. I can't overclock more on the Core side (limited at 700), and I'm afraid of overclocking the memory.

6. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    the memory is the one you should focus, they are bandwidth starved

7. trivolve

trivolve Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    doesn't it use dedicated system memory? I read somewhere that it uses DDR3, not GDDR3 nor GDDR5

8. annoyingmouse

annoyingmouse Newbie

Reputations:
    If you open Trixx again after setting your core to 700, the slider will have more space and you can overclock higher, however I topped out at 725mhz anyway. The memory made it just past 1ghz. I settled on 700 core and 950 memory to be safe. This makes a meaningful difference in some of the more graphic heavy areas of Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

Btw, I did this with a Sony Vaio SA. I've underclocked my processor to reduce the noise of the fan, and overclocking the graphics card does not seem to increase heat or noise to any major degree.

Edit: In UniEngine's Heaven demo, core overclocking makes a much bigger difference than memory if done one at a time.

9. JLeung

JLeung Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone recommend where to set the core clock and memory clock at for an Envy 14 with 6630m using the Trixx software?

10. kennytran91

kennytran91 Guest

Reputations:
    I have an SA also with an i5 2520m and 4GB of RAM (soon to be 8GB once I receive my stick from newegg). My question is that what are the risk of overclocking the processor and memory, as I've never done this before. And is it a big threat? Whenever I try to play Heroes of Newerth on my laptop, the fan is LOUD, almost like an jet on takeoff, and it runs hot enough to cook an egg almost, around 82c to 92c and I'm scared it'll fry something. The game isn't even that graphic intensive, as I had a 5 year old SR-190 Core2Duo before that could play it somewhat well at low to medium graphics. You said that overclocking would help the fan and heat, and I'd really like to do that before something bad happens. So after I download that TriXX, what should I set everything at? And does it matter if I overclock it now with 4GB of RAM or next week with 8GB of RAM, as does the RAM make a difference in overclocking?
    Thank you,
    -Kenny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.