AMD Fusion Info Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Jayayess1190, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    That is an interesting reading and after all these, my hopes are back! Mobile Kaveri might going to be good suprise, because performance per watt advantage continues to grows as they restrict power consumption to lower levels.

2. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    Your arguing that the cpu wasn't improved because HSA isn't implemented on basically everything, and that despite the obvious improvements to the CPU its a software problem that the reviewers used, despite using several different ones, I did miss more multithreaded and professional benches.

you know HSA is currently irrelevant, its like arguing that intel came with a new extension and the benches don't reflect that, oh wait they launched recently a new one and still just a few care to use that.

anyway HSA is possibly the future, however so far its not used, and coding for it aint easy at all.

same tdps for mobile as far as i know, the difference is that they are moving like intel did to make things thinking on mobile devices, not desktops.

anyway if the kaveri mobile has double the gpu horsepower this should be a fairly interesting cpu to watch for

3. Jobine

Jobine Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Is it just me or CPU development slowed down in the past few years... all about GPU's nowadays.

4. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    GPU is the new CPU...

5. 3Fees

3Fees Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In Notebooks GPU's are the emphasis for AMD , I upgraded my processer from AMD Elite A8-5550 to AMD Elite A-10 5750 2.1Mhz Quad Core to 2.5 Mhz Quad Core 3.1 to 3.5Mhz turbo , bulldozer to piledriver ,, The difference in graphics from from 8550G to 8750G is much more 256 shader cores to 384 from devastator lite to devastator,lots of settings in the catalyst control center for 3D ,open GL settings,anti aliasing method, wait for vertical refresh,texture filtering quality,Tessellation, Anisotropic filtering,Standard setting,,for AMD Elite Processors,,new graphical software too

from amd site :

Elite Software for AMD Technology-Based PCs

Bring Your PC to Life

In just three easy steps, you can start logging into your favorite websites with a wink, scrolling through your photos with a wave and wirelessly sharing your content across screens.

But could it really be that simple? With the latest systems powered by AMD A10, A8 and A6 processors, the answer is yes! Best of all, you can get this software completely free of charge.

1. First, check out our handy tool to see if your AMD A-Series processor is geared to run AMD Elite Software, including AMD Screen Mirror, AMD Face Login and AMD Gesture Control1,2,3
    2. Next, download our Elite Software using the quick links in the tool and install it on your system
    3. Discover how amazing, powerful, intuitive and just plain fun your new AMD A-series based PC really is

Elite Software for AMD Technology-Based PCs

Cheers

3Fees :)

6. davidricardo86

davidricardo86 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    AMD has begun blurring the lines between the two hence why they are now referring to both as having Compute Cores, parts of a whole, rather than separate entities (from a traditional CPU / GPU sense). Reminds me of when AMD marketed the term APU. People were like, what the heck is an APU? Sounds lame, that'll never catch on.

(My bad and probably incorrect memory)

Hopefully software picks up with the pace.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

7. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Software probably will pick up the pace if HSA foundation is any indication - will be interesting to see performance increases.
    I just wonder if 3d studio Max will catch on with HSA.

8. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    hummmm.... looks at the current adoption rate of OpenCL and GL.... feels disappointed...

Looks at quick sync... feels depressed

both are extensions that are made for professional usage, meanwhile adoption rate is quite slow.

If HSA indeeds catches up, since we are seeing them in every major player, like AMD, intel and nvidia I expect that when it catches up, kaveri will be quite old and thus useless.

9. Gaugamela

Gaugamela Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here's Tom's Hardware review on Kaveri. The best review by far!
    The A10-7850K was a crushing disapointment but the A8-7600 was a welcome surprise since it seems to have performance on par with the top of the line Richland A10-6800K.

That's an amazing jump and it just seems that Kaveri doesn't scale well in high TDPs.
    However, for mobile form factors, and considering the A8-7600 results AMD may have a very strong proposition over there. Espcially if you also look at the efficiency gains compared with Richland.

As for the low gains in CPU performance, don't forget that the Kaveri parts are clocked lower. The problem there wasn't the architecture but the manufacturing process.

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I'm still waiting for a 12-14" thin and light notebook with an AMD 35W APU. There's no reason for them to show up only in large 15" 6lbs laptops. It's ridiculous. The Acer V5-122p I have should be able to drop a fatter chip in there and a little fatter heatpipe and fan and call it a day, but nobody is doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.