AMD FirePro M6100 overclocking vBIOS mod (+ 8***M and R9 M*** series)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Grant B Gibson

Grant B Gibson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I managed to get that to work, and I even disabled and uninstalled the HD 4600 drivers. Still the same issue, I believe it to still be Win10 related, Im going to try to run a 8.1 ISO file I found.

As for not supporting their actions, I agree. They've done so much stupid stuff, and gotten away with nearly no consequences. Although sadly, until AMD releases a high end MXM or even desktop GPU directly comparable to a 1080 or even 1070, I'm sticking with Nvidia, even if AMD GPU's look much better, have better driver UI, and just plain are cheaper

2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    The Vega 56 is about the same performance generally as the 1070 (pending title). Though the issue remains no MXM options. I look forward to the Acer Helios 500 w/ Ryzen 2700 and Vega 56. I could probably part ways with the Ranger if the Acer has a decent price and firmware isnt complete garbage. If I can get my hands on one at some point I would be perfectly happy with the WX7100 in the Ranger as a back up machine and then I could retire the m4600 from being my mobile plex server.

Well then its likely a Windows 10 related irritation. I didnt have the issue before with the m5100 but that was about a year ago now. Even so PEG mode is much better for input lag. Its likely that your panel overclock reverted back to stock so you will need to re-oc the panel.

3. Grant B Gibson

Reputations:
    I never had the OC on the 8950m, but I do now.

4. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Just bought the 8950m for 40 on ebay. Not bad since the equal nvidia part 860m/960m is like 100+ USD.

Look forward to pumping 100w into that card when I get it.

Grant B Gibson likes this.
  5. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Ok the error I get with the use of ATIWinFlash is the following.

"SubsystemIDs mismatch"

@Prema @valuxin

Would a possible cause of this error be related to the platform the GPU is installed into?

Will try the dos flashing method in a moment, just had equal success with ATIWinFlash up til this card.

6. Grant B Gibson

Reputations:
    I've been having alot of issues flashing this card, but that usually means the BIOS is intended for a different GPU