]]>

AMD FirePro M6100 overclocking vBIOS mod (+ 8***M and R9 M*** series)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Jun 18, 2015.

1. EvilDigit

EvilDigit Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been reading the thread for quite some time now. And since now my Firepro M8900 died on me I'm definitely looking forward for an R9 M290x to fit in my M6600. I've been carefully following the thread and have understood that the R9 is definitely a Plug n Play in M6600 but with recent Bios update the fans do not match the exact speeds to limit the temp raise. The questions that I have are which Bios version you had before everything was working fine? I currently am running on A16. Also, would the X brackets from M8900 fit directly or I need something else for that? Also, as said by Lee in the above post I don't intend to overclock the card at all and would use its stock speeds. Alternatively, if M290x worked should it be possible that 8970m would work as well? Have you given it a try?

2. gokica

gokica Newbie

Reputations:
    Delete this post please. I found the correct thread and moved it. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  3. EvilDigit

EvilDigit Newbie

Reputations:
    @dmgzd I need some help if possible. Please tell me that you mentioned in an earlier post that one needs to match the correct edp / lvd with the card which can also be flashed. My 8970m is not showing any display in M6600 just a flash of light and then nothing. Can you please tell me anything that I can do with this. Im attaching the images of the card for reference.[​IMG]

4. Chin_Chan_Lee

Chin_Chan_Lee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Perhaps since this card is not "supposed" to be compatible with the M6600, you have to download the m8970 drivers prior to the installation, in contrast to the m6100 which is labeled by the manufacturers as compatible as of BIOS A15.
    So maybe you'll have to use basic windows graphics display while you uninstall your old graphics card drivers, and install the 8970, then plug it the new card?
    Just thought.

5. EvilDigit

EvilDigit Newbie

Reputations:
    Well Thanks for the headsup.. The black screen was a thermal trip of sort in which when the Card becomes too hot it loses display. I was able to get through that ..had a fresh new windows. Installed all the drivers and my card was up and running. Although the card was running fine it always stays in the Ultra Low Power State having the Core clocked at 300 and Memory at 150. Also, the fans just refuse to cope with the temps ..they never spin. This is definitely something related to the vBios, Drivers incompatibility..I'll have a look at the any other thing I find.