AMD FirePro M6100 overclocking vBIOS mod (+ 8***M and R9 M*** series)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonjohnjonjohn

jonjohnjonjohn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just edited my post as you replied so I don't think you will have seen it. Do you recall if you fitted thermal pads to the memory modules on the back of your M6100?

2. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For the best cooling, thermal pads should be on the rear modules too and should touch the mobo. But I can't remember that my M6100 had memory modules on the rear side - may be it's the reason why your card needs different vBIOS:)

In future, if you'll need some help - feel free to pm me.

3. gkdel247

gkdel247 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Alienware m15x, amd firepro m6100 firegl v graphic drivers but can't play Battlefield 1 on high settings? Only in Campaign mode. It lags a lot. I have to use Radeon HD 8950 drivers to play PC games? Radeon can't change game settings? I find this card very slow. My other gtx460m seems faster? Don't understand as my firepro m6100 is Dell vendor & red in color. It's plug n play, but doesn't appear in Bios, just says shadowed? I only paid £100 for it on eBay. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, 8GB Ram, 500GB HDD, amd firepro m6100 2GB GDDR5. GPU clock 1075MHz, Memory clock 1375MHz, Shaders 768 Unified. I don't know why it can't play certain PC games properly & lags a lot.

What can I do to improve AMD FirePro M6100 PC gaming performance.

I'm also using 150W adapter & planning to buy a 330W.

Intel i7-720QM @ 45W
    AMD FirePro M6100 @ 75W
    120W

Could it be throttling because of lack of power????

4. valuxin

Reputations:
    First of all, clearly, you lack of power - you should have at least 180W+ PSU (240W+ is preferred). Your system without graphics can consume up to 100W, 460M is 50W and M6100 is 75W+. And it's also clear that M6100 is much faster than GTX 460m (at least 3 times faster). You should buy a proper PSU (I recommend you to go with 240W+) to use the full power of your upgraded laptop.

P.S. You can't play Battlefield 1 on high settings because it's entry level card and OC performance is close to RX460. High/Ultra settings flawless playing require at least 970M graphics.

5. dmgzd

dmgzd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

6. gkdel247

gkdel247 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've purchased a 240W adapter for AMD FirePro M6100. I'm hoping that this will improve PC gaming performance!

Alienware m15x
    i7-720QM
    AMD FirePro M6100
    8GB/500GB HDD
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    New 240W Adapter upgrade from 150W

My 3DMARK was under 3000, hoping the 240W adapter will change this.

7. valuxin

Reputations:
    The original vBIOS and modded one are still available. Follow the links in the first post.

8. dmgzd

Reputations:
    Yes i looked through them and tried the one for tdp of 100, 1100mhz core and stock memory but the card would not post. Just like the other guy that had the same issue, its a different version of the card im guessing the video bios 015.035.000.003.044934 If you still have the one you made for this version or could make it i would be so very grateful.

9. valuxin

Reputations:
    All you're flashing is the old builds!!! The BIOS mod, that I've recently done, is still on the same place on OneDrive. If you can't find it, here is the full path:
    Code:
    vBIOS Mods\AMD\FOR_TEST_PURPOSE_ONLY [latest releases]\REALY, IT MIGHT BE NOT SAFE YOU KNOW\Mystery Magic\FirePro M6100 (Dell M6800) VER015.035.000.003.045435  (for those with dual sided memory)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  10. dmgzd

Reputations:

I found the others you were talking about but all of them fail to flash either brick the card and i have to flash the original back on it. I know it is asking so much but could i send you a copy of my current bios and you add the advanced fan profiles, change tdp to 100 and only add a slight over clock of say 1100mhz core and default memory? My main thing i have issue with is with these dell laptops they love to throttle before ramping the fans and thats the biggest killer of performance. Thanks for all your help and your work on this it gives im sure so many hope to making these precision laptops some added life.

Here is my oem bios for my firepro M6100

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-j1XmEwE9wDbW1UQmduVW9NVjg/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.