AMD FirePro M5100 overclocking - vBIOS mod (Dell Precision M4800)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by scrlk, Mar 27, 2016.

1. TheReciever

TheReciever Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Even just taking my own vBIOS and altering the values worked for everything save for the voltage.

Was an odd thing, but I am not well versed and couldnt risk bricking it again lol. Would love to try and push 1ghz on the m5100 though.

2. zxcvcxz

zxcvcxz Newbie

Reputations:
    GPUZ shows my version as .046304 so I am assuming I have rev A1? Sorry I could have given a little more detail in my last post but it was late last night lol. Got all the tools, saved a copy of my vBios which I will attach here, flashed and rebooted, Windows 10 refused to start with a bunch of BSOD and relating to something with ati. So then I went into BIOS and turned on switchable graphics (dont know if this actually did anything?) then booted into safemode and disabled the m5100 in device manager, rebooted normally using onboard graphics and reflashed. After reboot I was back to working normally again but I would love to give this a second try. Im also attaching a screenshot of my GPUZ if that helps at all. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

GPU-Z results:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fshz445f1sesuk/gpuz_results.png?dl=0

Rom:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8qn1j35215ypso/Cape Verde.rom?dl=0

3. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey guys,
    I've rebuilded the mod completely and the main new feature is unlocked voltages up to 1.225v. Testing shows, that 700 points in Valley Extreme HD preset could be easily passed if you have Hynix or Elpida memory. Samsung variant is a bit unlucky, but still on the stable clocks can do 680 points:)

4. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Can confirm, here is my GPU-Z and my latest Valley HD was 725. Capture.PNG

Can probably go higher but my 150w doesnt have the budget for it, At 1.2v on the stock fan curve with R6: Siege max temp is about 80C. Max fan brings it down quite a bit though, 70-71C iirc on old NT-H1 and heatsink that needs to be cleaned.

Just be sure to set up a dos drive with atiflash just in case things go awry, so easy to flash back...

5. devilsrogue

devilsrogue Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone else have the 4k screen? Last time I tried this mod I bricked the card so I was wondering if someone can have a look at my vbios to see if it is the same as the others before I try again. I don't have intel gpu enabled nor can I as this screen uses some weird connector. Also has anyone tried upgrading the GPU in this 4k screen model?

Attached Files:

6. kolto

kolto Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello :)

I tested the unmodded and modded bios in the OP, but it did not work for me. I could not boot my laptop anymore and ended up restoring it. My ROM version is 45392, so it should be A1.

Could you take a look at this ROM?
    I uploaded it to zippyshare, as I do not have enough posts

Cape Verde015036000006045392.rom
    http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/MNc5loqv/file.html

7. TheReciever

Reputations:
    @valuxin would probably be the best to help you out, he was able to help me with my own system not flashing correctly.

8. kolto

kolto Newbie

Reputations:
    then I guess I have to hope for him to find my posting :(

9. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Well I have no idea what amount of time valuxin spends on the forums.

You can try the modded vbios he made for mine which is in the GPU upgrade m4600 thread but I have no idea if it will work for yours.