Amazon Echo: Buy or Pass

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ViciousXUSMC, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I just got my invite and can pick the Echo up for $99 I joined the wait list with intent on reviewing it and using it.

However lots of people already have one and reviews are on the web so its not like I'll be first on the scene and there is not a whole lot to review about it.

Most people say its well worth the $99 but others are more critical of it saying its not really that great of a BT speaker, and the functionality while decent is not great.

So is it worth the $99 to do a review and have a little gadget around the house?

If I pass on this I think I will push those funds into finally getting a video capture device so I can capture video game console footage for my Video Game channel.

2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Its amazon, rent it for a month for the review. ;)

I don't think I would use or enjoy it at all to be honest.

3. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I've got enough problems with my Xbox speech recognition, I don't need another device to yell at :p I passed on my invite a while ago. It might be useful for some, but it still has a way to go imo..

4. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I decided to pass.

Putting the money into a capture card so I can record console footage for my gaming channel, or investing into getting a dog.

Yeah kinda off the beaten path with tech! But been thinking of getting a German Shepherd, and thinking turned to wanting, and wanting turned into making reservations for a puppy.

Dragnoak likes this.
  5. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    German Shepherds are great dogs. They can be trained to be very aggressive, or very nice. I myself prefer the Australian Shepherd but the German's are a close second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.