Alternate 100W USB-C chargers for Blade Stealth?

Discussion in 'Razer' started by saturnotaku, Jun 4, 2020.

1. werdmonkey4321

werdmonkey4321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I picked up this charger as an open box unit for $40. It definitely runs warmer than the HyperJuice but not distressingly so.

I put it through a couple 3DMark stress tests and observed no battery loss. It would drain if running Furmark and AIDA64 simultaneously, which is a completely unrealistic use case. I'm going to return the HyperJuice and get a shorter USB-C cable since the one that comes with the Platinum has to be 8-10 feet long. It'll be great when I use the laptop at my in-laws regular and vacation homes but unnecessary at home.

3. EddyM2

EddyM2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I've only just come across this thread, but I've found exactly the same with mine! Tried a 60w charger, which I thought was faulty at first as the very most I could get my laptop to draw from it was 33w (measured with a USB-C power meter), but a friend has since got a Dell laptop with USB-C charging and his manages to draw pretty much the full 60w from it. Then tried a 90w charger, which mine draws a maximum of 54w from, while complaining that there's not enough power (even when it's drawing less than that, i.e. when the battery isn't charging etc).

I suspect this is all related to another issue I'm having with charging etc (which I've just made a post about here). It seems as though whatever component of the laptop decides how much power to draw from the charger is just calculating it completely wrong all the time, even with the original Razer 100w charger. :(