All Things BlackBerry - Apps, Phones, and Discussion

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Mitlov, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    The fact that the home screen widgets/tiles are actually the full application running all the time seems like it'd be an enormous energy hog.

2. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here you go.

Brand New SEALED Blackberry Z10 Smartphone | eBay

I have no idea what these goofballs are doing. Being patient and waiting a few days can get you a Canadian Z10 for less than half of what these guys are trying to unload them for.

3. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Emodicon

Reputations:
    Exploiting human nature ;)

Hmm. Will hold judgement until Q10 review units are sent out and some detailed impressions are posted.

4. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame

Reputations:
    Lol, for once Canadian are getting the goodies before the US.:p

5. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    No offence but you didn't use many (any?) of the models with the optical trackpad, did you?
    Durable is not the word that springs to mind.

I don't personally see RIM/BB surviving in it's current form.
    I think there's a very good chance that by the end of the year, they'll have been sold off in some way.

Also, their new product range is sorely missing something to replace the Curve models, something aimed at teenagers/kids.
    Outside of business, that's pretty much their only market thanks to BBM (in the UK at least). And even that seems to be dwindling due to the success of apps like WhatsApp etc.

6. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Actually I have. We've deployed hundreds of 8520 and 9300's, and I would have to estimate we've only gotten 5-10 that had to be exchanged for another device because of the optical touchpad. Most of the issues we come across are the JVM 500 errors or degraded battery life for BlackBerries.

7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    The talk in the market is this product came out a year too late. Once companies started to allow personal smart phones usage and no longer have their BlackBerry-or-nothing policy, the cat is now out of the bag and never getting back in.

8. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Ahh, the name change. The first sign in trying to avoid the executioner's block.

Research in Motion will always have a special place in my heart. I still have my first Blackberry smartphone (Blackberry 7520i) and the last Blackberry/Nextel phone I ever owned (Blackberry Curve 8350i). Blackberrys will always be my favorite. But even with BB10, RIM is still on the outside looking for a way in and I just don't see them ever finding an unlocked door again.

Who are we kidding, that cat clawed it's way out of the bag. And given the size of Apple, Google, Samsung, etc compared to RIM...oops, I mean Blackberry, that cat will put up a hell of a fight before it will go back in.

9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Except in this case, the name change just changed the official name to what 99% of people called it already. Except for die-hard tech-heads, most people I know I suspect have no clue who "Research in Motion" is. It sounds like a Cirque de Soleil knock-off. But EVERYONE knows Blackberry. They just didn't know it was a hardware line instead of a brand.

10. Pai

Pai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This attititude is what's going to kill RIM unforturnately, this is not a targeted insult, I just thought it's a good example and quoted you. Even one is being nostalgic about their BlackBerry days but no one is actually going to buy a BlackBerry product. This kills BlackBerry :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.