All Things Android - Apps, Phones, Tablets - Discussion

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by H.A.L. 9000, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Mainly what they're referring to there is Miracast. Kind of like Airplay for Android. BUT... I don't have a Slimport adapter, so I can't really tell you 100% whether it supports it or not via wire. I'll be getting an adapter here soon though, and I'll let you know.

How does Android 4.2 Jelly Bean wireless display mirroring work? - SlashGear

AnandTech - Hands on with the Analogix SlimPort microUSB to HDMI and VGA adapters

lol. Just re-ran the bench on normal clocks (1.5GHz) and I got a perfect 59FPS. Adreno 320 is beast, but I'll admit... I didn't expect the 225 to be so close.

2. Pai

Pai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks! That would be great. Oh wow, that's pretty awesome. Did you ran it on high performance or high quality mode? I discovered I actually ran it on high performance mode, on high quality I only get 42.6 which is still decent :p But it show Adreno 320 is close to 50% improvement over Adreno 225. At first I thought "high performance" is a rating of my result haha

On a unrelated side note, if you have MHL enabled, the tech demo is capped at 30 fps. xD

3. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Switched mine to High Quality and now got 38.9 FPS, I'm consistently 4 FPS lower than Pai. My Adreno 225 is broke. :(

4. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    How does one switch quality?

5. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There's a cogwheel you can press when you pull down the tab in explore mode, although I'm not seeing much of a difference between the two presets.

In case anyone should be wondering, I still haven't replaced my old, Tegra 2-equipped LG P990. It's running CM10.1 without any further performance enhancements.

6. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Time to go back to the Nexus 4. :D

7. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I probably would if not for the Xperia ZL's imminent release in Canada. That phone is too enticing to pass up. Of all the manufacturers' Android skins, Sony's is by far the most elegant and doesn't impact the phone's performance.

8. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Meh, there's no way any reviewer would show any interest in the ZL.

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/siiv2XltFXY?version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/siiv2XltFXY?version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width='560' height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'm not sure how availability in Europe will be. Expansys is the only site I've seen offering it for pre-order and they've now unlisted it for the UK.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  9. Pai

Pai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually.....I don't think your Adreno 225 is broken. I actually cheated again (gaps!), wmy andreno is clocked at 480 Mhz via KT474 kernel, which I forgot about until now. haha!
    I think the default clock is 400 mhz? The developer didn't list the actual OC amount, but most kernel for TMO GS3 has it at 480.

10. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    Yup! The Mali400 is a 2 year old GPU which still holds a nice humble crown on top. This SoC is still a beast CPU and 2D wise, but falls a bit short on 3D. It'll still hold more than enough power until the Exynos 5 octa Note 3 is released ;)

Wow! Imagine how a SGX554MP3 on a Exynos 5 octa will perform :eek:

The ZL is such a beautiful phone... Totally agree on the skin, the Timescape UI is by far the most professional and non-intrusive skin of all. It's just so smooth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.