All Things Android - Apps, Phones, Tablets - Discussion

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by H.A.L. 9000, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    They don't advertise. If I didn't keep up on tech blogs, I wouldn't have known about the new Xperia line and my carrier has had them longer than anyone. Sony has nobody to blame but themselves. Even when they had the first color screen phones that should have flown off the shelves like hot cakes, they flopped because they didn't advertise them and Nokia green backlights adorned our pockets awhile longer...

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    It just seems to me that running some ads would probably be easier than spinning off or shutting down an entire division. Since they've got a well-established and well-recognized and well-respected name on the US market from their other products, it shouldn't be THAT hard to create some knowledge that there are these things call "Xperia phones" and they're pretty sexy. And "class-leading battery life," "waterproof," and "superb cameras" are all buzzwords that should translate well to print or TV ads.

I mean, they could even just use their ads from the UK market; it's not like they don't have ads already made and ready to air:

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I had everything backed up... I had already done a hard reset myself before I took it in, so phone was like new. But the SIM card change fixed it.

4. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Good to hear.

The drunkard had a battery failure in her LG G3. I did a nandroid backup to her microSD card and told her to take her phone to T-Mobile and tell them the battery went bad.

I should've taken the microSD card out of the phone. Cause the effing effing EFFING moron at T-Mobile wiped her phone and microSD card. Said it was a virus causing get battery to get hot and making her phone shut off a few seconds after power on.

Let's just say...I was right, and I'm now banned from the T-Mobile store near our house.

5. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
  6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I would be pissered. That sucks.

I'm looking at getting the G3. I am up for renewal end of June, but my G2 seems to suffice just fine. Would be nice to have an SD card though.

And FoxFi works great with my G2. So dumb how/why Verizon forces $30/mo to set up your phone as a wi-fi hotspot when you already have limited data to begin with. Who cares if it's used by the phone or by another device. Go over your GB limit and you're hosed anyhow.

7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's a Japanese only release for that Z4, at least so far.

I have been watching for a worthy replacement for my Xperia Z Ultra for a while now.

Nothing so far is as large screen wise and higher performance. I use it alone instead of carrying a smaller screen phone with a small tablet. The XZU really does a great job doing both functions.

I am hoping for a 6"+ Snapdragon 810+ release from Sony, or anyone else, to upgrade.

I was also hoping for an Asus or other make 7"+ tablet with phone functionality to get released in the US.

Not that I don't like my Ultra Z, but the Sony CP-12 battery case is getting pretty tattered, and replacements are way too expensive - like $180+.

Eventually the XZU battery is going to go soft, and I will need to buy a replacement XZU - I would rather spend the money on a performance upgrade :)

8. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
  9. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  10. Starlight5

Starlight5 Don't call me Chris, my name is Elvis

Reputations:
    Please advise me a music player app with decent http mp3&aac streams playback and easy on battery life. I like AIMP in general, but it lacks streams playback. Ability to log played songs would be a major advantage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.