All Things Android - Apps, Phones, Tablets - Discussion

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by H.A.L. 9000, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So I picked up a new keyboard today. Dare I say that I like it more than SwiftKey!

It's called Minuum. It has a full sized QWERTY keyboard that is blazing fast and incredibly accurate but also this really unique stacked QWERTY mode that takes up a single line on the screen.

Screenshot_2015-04-18-01-32-47.png

Cool idea. Typing in the small mode just takes a muscle memory change but the regular mode is fastest keyboard that i have ever used. The sloppy typing mode is cool too. Definitely worth checking It out on the Play store.

Mitlov likes this.
  2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
  3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Trying it out now. I like how much of the screen I can see with it minimized, and the autocorrect is good, though it goes nuts if I try to replace just part of a word, and I miss Swype typing a bit.

Ethrem likes this.
  4. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I never got the hang of Swype typing. One big thing for me though is that in full mode it is smaller on the screen making it easier for me to hit the right keys. Nexus 6 screen is too big for SwiftKey IMO. I like the emoji predictions too.

One annoying thing is having to turn off sloppy typing mode when I am putting in a web address but that's minor. The speed of it is so worth the little issues.

5. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    source

6. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Looks very interesting. I will have to try it. I am a BIG Swype user. I can type extremely fast on Swype, and fairly accurate. Its just the occasional auto correct fail on occasion which annoy me.

7. Mr.Koala

Mr.Koala Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Have been aware of the Chrome Android App Runtime for sometime but never tried it. Now I'm thinking about running it due to some of my needed apps not having proper desktop counterparts. Has the correct way to use this runtime on non-ChromeOS desktops changed since half a year ago? Should I still follow those old tutorials?

8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Ugh. Just did a factory reset and Verizon updated my phone from Jelly Bean to Lollipop. Not a fan so far. They changed everything. I should have just left it alone. :(

9. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    What phone do you have again?

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    LG G2. And great, I don't have any signal at all. It won't connect to anything. Not happy. I guess I need to make a trip to the Verizon store tomorrow so they can get it working. I can't go without a working phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.