All Things Android - Apps, Phones, Tablets - Discussion

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by H.A.L. 9000, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    So, what are your thoughts on smart watches?

I'm considering one partly because...hell, they're just cool. But it would also be a practical matter; where I work we're allowed to have personal music players, but phones aren't even allowed on the production floor. Now, I use my G3 as my media player because I don't want to shell out extra money for a crappy redundant MP3 player, but that means I have to be real sneaky about it and only change songs when nobody important is looking, and of course I can have my phone seized and held by my boss if I ever get caught. A smart watch would let me control music without ever having to physically expose my phone.

Anyway, I'm really partial to the look of round-faced models like the Moto 360 or LG G Watch R, but those are both pretty expensive. There's also the much more basic and cheap Pebble. What do you guys think?

2. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    Any thoughts on rooting the Kindle fire 7" HDX? I might be able to get it for 90 eur (16GB version). Unfortunately, to use it, I will have to install android.

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    There appears to be some work around's for it, unlike the newer 6 and 7" Fire devices.

Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9" Android Development - XDA Forums

Turns out this Fire HD 6 is the PERFECT size for what I need, I can't put custom rom's on it, but I can sideload most android apps onto it. So I may end up keeping it and just sideload what I need on there. Until they get some roms out for it.

Looking at some of the 6" phones they are to small for that I need, this 6" tablet with the larger bezels makes the size perfect. Once I've got my project completed I will post pictures of what it is. ;)

4. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    The xperia z ultra too small for you?

5. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Just bough the Wikipad 7" is a pre black-friday sale for £89, down from £149, down from £249

Wikipad

John.

6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    That one is pretty close, its a little smaller on the width but its pretty close. But again the price is over $300. Not sure if I want to solder/grind/glue to a $300 device on my first prototype. ;)

I got the Fire HD 6 For $80. I made Amazon price match BestBuy's Black Friday Door Buster price on it a few days ago.

7. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    Guys, how do I remove a screen protector? I've had it on my HTC for a while, and I want to get it off. But it's so well put, that I can't find any angle from where I can peel it off. I've tried using duct tape to remove it, but still doesn't work. Any ideas?

8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Are you sure it's still there? :D

Vogelbung likes this.
  9. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    100% sure, it feels plasticky.

10. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Could try slipping an exacto knife under it, or another razor blade. It might also help to heat it slightly to make the adhesive softer. Most screens now day have hard enough glass that a steel knife wont scratch them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.