All Things Android - Apps, Phones, Tablets - Discussion

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by H.A.L. 9000, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Too new a device. It hasn't even been rooted yet or have its own section on XDA Developers. Generally, Kindles aren't that great for custom ROMs anyway.

2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yeah it wasn't my first choice by any means. Maybe I'll poke around XDA and if its physical size fits my needs I will buy a few for some devs to bribe them for ROMs.

3. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    I'm surprised you can't get your hands on a ~6" phone without breaking the bank.
    I'm sure Huawei, Alcatel and other more budget-oriented manufacturers make devices of that size.

4. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    I have three OnePlus One invites if anyone is still interested. They expire in 5 days.

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Even a ZTE ZMAX, which is darned cheap for a phablet ($252), costs nearly three times what the 6" Kindle Fire does.

6. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
  7. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    ^^^A 1 meter drop to the ground of the glass panel ONLY does not equal the G-force of flinging your phone (which weighs way more than just the "shatterproof" glass) out of your hand (by accident :D) 6-10 ft against the corner edge which is the most vulnerable.

Yes Corning. I agree that lab test show Gorilla Glass 4 to be indestructible.

Then again, lab tests also showed the same results for your previous three formulations.

8. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Indeed, it's an OEM specific issue. Doesn't happen on my M8, and I'm running the same LWP.

Android Silver is a entry level device program aimed at developing countries.

But to all the people complaining about battery life, check this out... this is a GPE M8 with stock 4.4.4 and root.

[​IMG]

hizzaah likes this.
  9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Nope, that's Android One. Android Silver was basically a new name for the "Google Play Edition" phones. Or more specifically, Android Silver was going to be Google Play Editions of the best of the best from various OEMs, subsidized by carriers, and with big nice displays in carriers' retail stores. The program is currently on hold. On the other hand, with the Nexus 6 being available subsidized on all five major US carriers, and at a price point (and case materials and specs) in line with other high-end phones like the 6 Plus and the Note 4 instead of a bang-for-the-buck unlocked device like the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5, it looks to me like the Nexus 6 is the first Android Silver phone in everything but name.

10. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That's super impressive. What's your brightness setting? I know it's hard to compare brightness across phones, just curious. I've been regularly getting 6.5hrs sot with my Note 4, with roughly an hour each day at max brightness and 50% brightness the rest of the time. Do you use anything like greenify or other battery aids? The fast charging is really impressive on my Note. I planned on buying extra Anker batteries to simply swap out on the fly, but it seems like I make it to bed with a few percent left most days. If not, 15 minutes on the charger gives me a 20-30% boost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.