All Things Android - Apps, Phones, Tablets - Discussion

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by H.A.L. 9000, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    I stopped there.

BGR is a nope.

If you want to try Nova Launcher, there is an aggressive caching option in the settings that will place the launcher at a lower OOM value and keep it in memory longer.

2. TearTaker

TearTaker Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have always used Nova. So it works out well haha. I just enabled that setting. Guess we will see if that fixes it. Will report back. Thanks, Hal!

Edit: Yeah...that didn't work. Thanks for the help though. I don't know if I can fix it without root. I should also mention that I am using 500 firepaper to set my wallpaper I guess your tip wouldn't work anyway. Sony kills any wallpaper app when the phone goes to sleep.

3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    I have also had it take a second for the wallpaper to wake up when exiting an app on my Moto X (2014) with Nova Launcher Prime. I don't think it's a Sony-specific issue, but instead a Nova-specific issue (it doesn't happen when I'm using Google Now Launcher). This happens with even the simplest of third-party wallpaper apps (such as HarshSinghvi's Material Wallpapers, just a collection of Material Design static images), but not with the bundled wallpapers, including live wallpapers (phase beam, bubbles, etc).

4. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    So what's all this I read about Android Silver? Is it supposed to replace their Nexus line or what? Seems from the description it's kind of the same...

5. TearTaker

TearTaker Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wish it was just a Nova issue. It happens with all launchers. It is definitely a Sony-specific issue. You can google it and find many threads on the internet dating back to the original Xperia Z if I am not mistaken. Just a minor annoyance for me. Thanks again for everyones help. If anyone else has suggestions throw them my way. I will test them.

6. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    That graph is a total load of CRAP!

My M8 charges from 25% to full in 90 minutes..

(207 minutes my fat, white...:mad:)

Mitlov likes this.
  7. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Anyone know a good android dev? I need someone to put a good rom on the new Kindle Fire HD6 for me. I've got a project that requires a 6" tablet, I tried to make the 2nd gen Nexus 7 work but its simply to large. Other than an extremely expensive phone the Fire HD6 is the best tablet of the size.

8. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Too new a device. It hasn't even been rooted yet or have its own section on XDA Developers. Generally, Kindles aren't that great for custom ROMs anyway.

9. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yeah it wasn't my first choice by any means. Maybe I'll poke around XDA and if its physical size fits my needs I will buy a few for some devs to bribe them for ROMs.

10. Step666

Step666 Professional chubby Chris Pratt impersonator

Reputations:
    I'm surprised you can't get your hands on a ~6" phone without breaking the bank.
    I'm sure Huawei, Alcatel and other more budget-oriented manufacturers make devices of that size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.