All Things Android - Apps, Phones, Tablets - Discussion

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by H.A.L. 9000, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    The Droid Turbo and the Moto X both have 5.2" screens and similar software, but the Droid Turbo is 1440p and the Moto X is 1080p. The Droid Turbo has a 77% larger battery but doesn't get anywhere near 77% longer battery life. The resolution is the only factor I can point to to explain that.

EDIT: I take that back; some reviews had said the Droid Turbo didn't last as long as they expected, but when I found places that tested both it and the Moto X with the same methodology, it did last nearly twice as long as the Moto X. For example:

[​IMG]

http://bgr.com/2014/10/31/droid-turbo-battery-life-test/droid-turbo-battery-life-1/

2. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ I just went to that site. What a flame-grilled joke mess

H.A.L. 9000 and radji like this.
  3. TearTaker

TearTaker Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a question for you fellas. My Z3 takes a split second to load wallpapers- apparently due to Sony's power management killing the app when the phone is asleep. So is there any way to not have it do that without rooting?

4. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    I stopped there.

BGR is a nope.

If you want to try Nova Launcher, there is an aggressive caching option in the settings that will place the launcher at a lower OOM value and keep it in memory longer.

5. TearTaker

Reputations:
    I have always used Nova. So it works out well haha. I just enabled that setting. Guess we will see if that fixes it. Will report back. Thanks, Hal!

Edit: Yeah...that didn't work. Thanks for the help though. I don't know if I can fix it without root. I should also mention that I am using 500 firepaper to set my wallpaper I guess your tip wouldn't work anyway. Sony kills any wallpaper app when the phone goes to sleep.

6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    I have also had it take a second for the wallpaper to wake up when exiting an app on my Moto X (2014) with Nova Launcher Prime. I don't think it's a Sony-specific issue, but instead a Nova-specific issue (it doesn't happen when I'm using Google Now Launcher). This happens with even the simplest of third-party wallpaper apps (such as HarshSinghvi's Material Wallpapers, just a collection of Material Design static images), but not with the bundled wallpapers, including live wallpapers (phase beam, bubbles, etc).

7. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    So what's all this I read about Android Silver? Is it supposed to replace their Nexus line or what? Seems from the description it's kind of the same...

8. TearTaker

Reputations:
    I wish it was just a Nova issue. It happens with all launchers. It is definitely a Sony-specific issue. You can google it and find many threads on the internet dating back to the original Xperia Z if I am not mistaken. Just a minor annoyance for me. Thanks again for everyones help. If anyone else has suggestions throw them my way. I will test them.

9. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    That graph is a total load of CRAP!

My M8 charges from 25% to full in 90 minutes..

(207 minutes my fat, white...:mad:)

Mitlov likes this.
  10. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Anyone know a good android dev? I need someone to put a good rom on the new Kindle Fire HD6 for me. I've got a project that requires a 6" tablet, I tried to make the 2nd gen Nexus 7 work but its simply to large. Other than an extremely expensive phone the Fire HD6 is the best tablet of the size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.