All laptops with a MUX switch

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by B0B, Feb 6, 2018.

1. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Which blade pro? The 4k 120hz model has a mux and supports disabling optimus. It has a different motherboard part number than others. I wouldn't try it on a non 4k 120hz blade pro unless you have a way of undoing your handiwork.

2. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm on the Razer Blade 17 Pro here - I found the option in the BIOS and sadly it only shows "Muxless" as an option.

Ahh that's good to know, I might consider the switch over.

3. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do any of the Gigabyte Aero series have a Muxed option?

4. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Upcoming MSI GS66 laptop is going to have a MUX switch. No mention of G-Sync yet, but at least dGPU mode will be available via MSI software reboot and most likely via a BIOS option hidden or exposed. Looks like brands are finally starting to listen to us.

alaskajoel and Arondel like this.
  5. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I dont know if this counts, but the mech 15 1070 can be tricked into running with the on board intel uhd graphics as its main display without knowing the 1070 is there. It technically neither has gsync or optimus, so kind of weird. It also has duel bios reset buttons on the mother boards.

tilleroftheearth likes this.
  6. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Likewise, an early owner on Reddit has confirmed the 2020 Razer Blade 15 Advanced has a GPU mode option in Synapse. Frankly, I'm not sure how the 300hz display would be handled without a mux because I think the per lane bandwidth requirement for a 1080p, 300hz display exceeds Intel's graphics spec. Other 300hz laptops (Acer Triton 500, Asus S17 / GX701, etc.) have also used a mux.

amihail91 likes this.