All Alienware Laptop Gaming Videos Thread

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Quagmire LXIX, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    B&R in Sydney. like i said, i'd love to stay in canada longer but the window to get all the paperwork needed, processed and approved is too short to get it all done. the fact that i got permanent FT work at the start of this year only just gives me enough time to get the required work experience to apply...along with getting the language tests (which is stupid since i am from an english speaking country so i don't get why i would need to do an english test anyway?!?!).

the amount of paperwork + the small time frame = too much emotional stress and i am trying to have less stress so i decided not to do it while in Canada but once in Australia i'll look into it. i'm like 10 months into the job and i only need till about mid january 2016 to accumulate the time needed to fill that part of the criteria.

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    What is better with Canada than Australia? Or it makes no difference?

3. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    the snow is great cos it don't snow in Sydney. LOL the actual city layout here where i am in Canada is quite easy to navigate where Sydney is a complete mess of a maze.

anyway, i've recorded some more battlefront content....this time i get to play as Han Solo :D

Papusan likes this.
  4. thegh0sts

Reputations:
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Nice vid @thegh0sts

Here's what it BO3 looks like without any G-SYNC or V-Sync crippling bottlenecks.

[parsehtml]<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hp0n6jT90UU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/parsehtml]

MickyD1234 and Papusan like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I though G-Sync screen was a nice feature. Why is it crippling bottleneck ? Or are I missing something? Is it because of capping fps to 75 ?

7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    G-SYNC works really excellent except that it caps FPS to monitor refresh rate like v-sync does, but it looks a lot smoother and nicer... great for game eye candy, but lowers FPS. Depends on what you want more. I'm not sure I would pay extra for G-SYNC, but it is a nice to have feature. I'd rather have higher frame rate. Everything looks amazing with G-SYNC enabled and some people value that more that triple-digit FPS.

Papusan likes this.
  8. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    if you can get to the same spot in my video and see if the fps drops at the same point and post that it would be great. @D2 Ultima and i seem to be getting this issue along with a few others.

9. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    It does not cap FPS if you disable V-Sync in NVCP, but there will be tearing when FPS exceeds the VRR window. The default behavior of G-Sync is to have V-Sync enabled as well, that's where the FPS cap comes from.

10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Where in the game (what mission) is that? I'd be happy to check when I get there. I have hardly any time into the game yet other than those to demo videos.

That's what I thought. I haven't even made an effort to read up or try understand G-SYNC, or how to properly use it. It doesn't make the beast go faster, so it's not that important in my mind. It would be nice for those games like Wolfenstein that cannot use SLI and where FPS are already fixed. Things do look better with G-SYNC enabled. If I can notice it, then people that are sensitive to it will really notice and appreciate it. I'm sort of impressed with the enhanced appearance it brings, I will admit that. It's kind of like high quality audio for me. For free... hell yeah. I don't know that I would be interested in paying extra to have it. I know there's no way I would buy a G-SYNC monitor. Because of my lack of appreciation for it, it would be like torching money. Way too stinking expensive for something I not head-over-heels excited about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.