All about Sub-Zero Powered by Intel Cryo Cooling Technology

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Dr. AMK, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    The sub-zero number: Intel Core i9-11900K vs. Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Sub-Zero - the impossibility of the dreamed-of possible igorslab | April 3, 2021
    [​IMG]

The Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Sub-Zero is of course not a real cryo-cooling for really high loads, that is not specified, but it wants to guarantee temperatures that are so low in the partial load range that the highest possible boost clock rates can be run. That's exactly what I tried to find out in a short test, because gaming in particular usually stays below 125 watts on average. However, that already seems a tad too much, but I'll get to that in a moment. The fact is: such an all-in-one water cooling has a certain rarity value and of course the instinct to play always wins. The price of well over 300 euros is only a side note because it will scare off normal customers anyway.

Summary and conclusion
    It's a nice technical gimmick, admittedly. With the MasterLiquid ML360 Sub-Zero, Cooler Master has a very unusual product with a high rarity value and extremely good workmanship at the start, but of course that alone does not save such a project. The cryo cooler also does a decent job up to approx. 100 watts, but then the hour comes for normal compact or custom water coolers, because the waste heat from the CPU and the power loss of the thermoelectric cooling element add up. And unfortunately you notice and hear that, of course next to the extremely loud pump.

Well, what do we learn from it? Advertising and hope for a miracle are one thing, unfortunately reality is another. It was an experiment, nothing more. You can hardly get any practical use here in everyday life, even if Intel might see it differently. It's a shame actually. Yeah, nothing different than what I have already posted from before.

etern4l, Vasudev, Ashtrix and 2 others like this.
  2. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What a pointless product. I had high hopes on this one. Honestly I don't need 20ºC @100W . My air cooler does like 60ºC @100W and that's ok to me. I was expecting this Cryo Cooler to be good for loads that require over 220W. At this point is just an expensive AIO. Also it won't work with Alder Lake because the socket shape is going to be different.

Papusan and Clamibot like this.
  3. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's better to just get a phase change cooler instead. While significantly more expensive, they're much more energy efficient and can reach much lower temperatures, therefore drastically increasing your overclocking headroom.

Papusan likes this.