All about Security, News, Events and Incidents

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Dr. AMK, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    jclausius and Dr. AMK like this.
  2. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    jclausius, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  3. Papusan

Reputations:
  4. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    Is your browser safe against tracking?
    When you visit a website, online trackers and the site itself may be able to identify you – even if you’ve installed software to protect yourself. It’s possible to configure your browser to thwart tracking, but many people don’t know how.

Panopticlick will analyze how well your browser and add-ons protect you against online tracking techniques. We’ll also see if your system is uniquely configured—and thus identifiable—even if you are using privacy-protective software. However, we only do so with your explicit consent, through the TEST ME button below.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

5. Papusan

Reputations:
    Some reading for the weekend:)

Eurowings: serious data breach with the online portal

Published on February 15, 2020 by Günter Born
    [​IMG]
    [ Deutsch ] The Lufthansa subsidiary Eurowings experienced a serious data glitch in the online portal. Customers could temporarily access other passengers' personal data.

Massive data leak at the French company NextMotion, active in the field of cosmetic surgery
    Published on February 14, 2020 by Günter Born
    [​IMG]
    [ Deutsch ] Security researchers have encountered a massive data leak at the French company NextMotion, a technology company for plastic surgery. A compromised database contained 100,000 profile pictures and personal (as well as intimate) data from patients who underwent cosmetic surgery on surgeons. I received the information directly from vpnmentor. NextMotion has confirmed the data leak.

Intel Security Advisories (February 11, 2020)
    [​IMG]
    [ Deutsch ] As of February 11, 2020, Intel published several product security vulnerabilities in the Product Security Center. This ranges from the Intel® RAID Web Console 3 (RWC3) for Windows to USB drivers. There will be no more updates for some products, which Intel has now discontinued.

Symantec Endpoint Protection: Urgent update
    [​IMG]
    [ Deutsch ] If someone uses Symantec Endpoint Protection on their Windows clients, the antivirus solution should be updated quickly. Because older versions have security gaps.

hmscott and Dr. AMK like this.
  6. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Windows, Linux Devices at Risk Due to Unsigned Peripheral Firmware

- Researchers have discovered multiple instances of unsigned firmware in computer peripherals that can be used by malicious actors to attack laptops and servers running Windows and Linux.

- This is a big problem since millions of such devices are directly exposed to attacks designed to abuse this flaw to harvest and exfiltrate the users' sensitive information, to trigger denial-of-service states, and infect them with various malware strains such as ransomware.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-at-risk-due-to-unsigned-peripheral-firmware/

Hey. Where'd you get that USB camera?!?

Papusan and hmscott like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Three vulnerabilities in Sophos/Cyberoam firewall technology
    Posted on 2020-02-29 by guenni
    [​IMG]
    [German]Security researchers have discovered three vulnerabilities in Cyberoam firewalls (owned by British company Sophos). The vulnerabilities leave millions of devices and, in principle, the entire network vulnerable to security attacks. The products are used in corporate networks and are accessible via the Internet (sometimes with standard credentials). Currently there seems to be no firmware update available. Here I present some information that I received from security researchers of vpnMentor regarding this issue.

NVIDIA fixes critical vulnerability in Windows GPU driver (2/28/2010)
    Posted on 2020-02-29 by guenni
    [​IMG]
    [German]Nvidia has just fixed a critical vulnerability in its Windows GPU graphics driver with an update. The vulnerabilities could lead to privilege escalation and code execution or information theft.

hmscott likes this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    Samsung have released new Samsung NVMe Driver v3.3

But as usual... There is a daily limit on the number of the updated software:)

But you'll get it at Guru3.com
    Samsung NVMe SSD Driver Download v3.3 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Posted by: Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 03/02/2020 10:29 AM
    [​IMG]
    Download the Samsung NVMe SSD Driver. This software was released to support all Samsung NVMe SSD series SSDs.

upload_2020-3-3_2-2-16.png

jclausius and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's so strange that Samsung has a limit on downloads, I've hit it before myself, it reminds me of the old "slashdoted" effect when people's personal webpages were linked and a million hits blows their quota in no time. :)

I got my copy just now... IDK what the rules are here for hosting or uploading software, perhaps you could find out and maybe have a copy here for NBR members to grab? Its only about 75MB, but that's well past 2MB limit... what about a software archive for NBR members?

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    I think the driver will be aviable on several places within short time. Even on Samsung download page.

Also normally hosted here... Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers Win-Raid.com

Direct download link Samsung NVMe Driver Installer Set v3.3.0.2003 for Win7-10

Tip for users with a non-Samsung NVMe SSD:
    According to my own experiences the original 32/64bit Samsung NVMe drivers for Win10 are a very good and extremely performant alternative to the generic MS in-box NVMe driver.
    The driver update for the NVMe Controller has to be forced by hitting the "Have Disk" button. The popup warning regarding the missing compatibility usually can be disregarded. Nevertheless I strongly recommend to set a "Restore Point" before doing it.

Some reading for you...

https://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=3&v_code=7671
    "With each publication of a new file for SSD (Magician, firmware, driver ...), Samsung takes infinite precautions and imposes during the first week a maximum number of daily downloads which allows in case of concern with this update day to affect only a limited number of users. The Korean manufacturer has implemented this procedure since 2015 when new firmware had caused the failure of many SSD SATA 850 PRO just updated."

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Mr. Fox likes this.