All about Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Digital Transformation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr. AMK, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    My Masternode Earnings - How Much Profit Did I Make In 6 Months?
    IMineBlocks
    Premiered 14 hours ago
    How much profit did I make with my Akroma masternode?
    In this video I reflect back on these past 6 months with my AKA masternode and show you exactly how much profit was made during this time. The results will shock you!
    My Original Akroma MasterNode Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sS4a...

Sorry, I've Quit Burstcoin Mining
    IMineBlocks
    Premiered Oct 26, 2018
    Here's a update of my recent crypto mining adventures, it was a very tough decision and I've carefully considered it for these past few months but I've decided the pull the plug on the Burstcoin mining rig and sell my 100+ terabytes of hard drives.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  3. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
  4. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    Humans Are Physically Attacking Self-Driving Cars

JRE84 and hmscott like this.
  5. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    Open source.jpg

JRE84 and hmscott like this.
  6. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Bitcoin Drops to Lowest in a Month Amid Crypto Volatility
    Bloomberg Technology
    Published on Jan 28, 2019
    Jan.28 -- Bitcoin’s painful 2018 crash continues, with the original cryptocurrency touching the lowest in more than a month on Monday. Bloomberg's Julie Verhage has more on "Bloomberg Technology."

Kyle and Dr. AMK like this.
  8. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    WTF Happened to BITCOIN?!

hmscott likes this.
  9. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/krzanich-ai-day
    The Intelligence Revolution – Intel’s AI Commitments to Deliver a Better World
    With Artificial Intelligence Fueled by Intel Technology, We will See Unprecedented Developments in Medicine, Scientific Discovery and Education

10. hmscott

Reputations:
    There's no Good Reason to Trust Blockchain
    Bruce Schneier, Opinion, 02.06.19 09:00 AM
    https://www.wired.com/story/theres-no-good-reason-to-trust-blockchain-technology/

"...Honestly, cryptocurrencies are useless. They're only used by speculators looking for quick riches, people who don't like government-backed currencies, and criminals who want a black-market way to exchange money.

To answer the question of whether the blockchain is needed, ask yourself: Does the blockchain change the system of trust in any meaningful way, or just shift it around? Does it just try to replace trust with verification? Does it strengthen existing trust relationships, or try to go against them? How can trust be abused in the new system, and is this better or worse than the potential abuses in the old system? And lastly: What would your system look like if you didn’t use blockchain at all?

If you ask yourself those questions, it's likely you'll choose solutions that don't use public blockchain. And that'll be a good thing—especially when the hype dissipates."

Cryptocurrency is ‘Honestly Useless’: Harvard Cryptographer
    David Hundeyin 09/02/2019
    https://www.ccn.com/cryptocurrency-is-honestly-useless-harvard-cryptographer

"Cryptocurrency is useless to anyone other than nefarious groups or individuals trying to move money without being noticed by the government. This is apparently the cutting-edge opinion of Harvard University cryptographer and technology researcher Bruce Schneier.

...Schneier believes that the aims of Bitcoin according to its original whitepaper have been defeated by the reality of its deployment, which means that in addition to being operationally difficult and risky, it also fails to deliver on its basic premise, which essentially renders it useless.

Writing in Wired, Schneier cites the trust issue as the biggest example of cryptocurrency’s basic failure. According to him, while it was created to provide a basis for electronic transactions without relying on trust, a critical look at the architecture of blockchain technology will show that it cannot function without trust — which defeats the whole purpose of having an uncontrolled system in the first place.

Crypto users have to trust that miners are following the right sequences to mine bitcoins then trust that the system won’t crash resulting in monetary loss. In actual fact, he says, all bitcoin has done is take trust away from humans and place it in technology whose security is also not guaranteed.

Expanding further on this point he says:

If your bitcoin exchange gets hacked, you lose all of your money. If your bitcoin wallet gets hacked, you lose all of your money. If you forget your login credentials, you lose all of your money. If there’s a bug in the code of your smart contract, you lose all of your money. If someone successfully hacks the blockchain security, you lose all of your money.

In many ways, trusting technology is harder than trusting people. Would you rather trust a human legal system or the details of some computer code you don’t have the expertise to audit?
    ”"

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Dr. AMK likes this.