All about Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Digital Transformation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr. AMK, Jan 7, 2018.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Bitcoin will end down at 85 percent of previous highs, says expert
    CNBC Television
    Published on Nov 26, 2018
    Anthony Pompliano, Morgan Creek Digital Assets, joins 'Squawk Box' to discuss the bitcoin plunge and why he's bearish on the cryptocurrency.

Dr. AMK and Fishon like this.
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Down 40% this month alone although up if you look at the last two years. The guest made the key comment at the 1:15 mark. 'It's been all driven by retail'. Whenever you don't have institutional investors participating, the risks are much greater, as investing is driven by far too much emotion and not the underlying numbers.

3. hmscott

Reputations:
    And, as the interviewers said, it's easy to still be positive if you got in early and still have a profit position, but if you got in much higher than what it is now and lost everything, you'll never come back.

There are so many that have been truly burned, or were fortunate enough to have almost considered buying and dodged that loss, that have enough sense to stay away.

Bitcoin was a bad design to start with, unless it was designed to completely lay waste to the idea of a standalone digital currency in the minds of the public at large, then it has succeeded. :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  4. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Those who believed it to be a currency are the ones responsible for laying waste to the idea that it’s a currency. It simply never was, and would never be; has about as much chance being one as stock options as currency.

5. hmscott

Reputations:
    Opinion: Bitcoin is close to becoming worthless
    Bitcoin is now entering a death spiral
    Published: Dec 3, 2018 4:15 p.m. ET
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-is-close-to-becoming-worthless-2018-12-03

"Just one year has passed since bitcoin enthusiasts forecasted that the cryptocurrency would hit a price of $1 million.

But that was then. With the price of bitcoin BTCUSD, +1.17% having fallen almost 80% from its peak, and now trading well-below the support level of $6,000, everyone is wondering where it goes from here.

The answer is, a swift and painful drop to zero.

In a MarketWatch column I wrote last April, I explained what it would take for bitcoin to become worthless. Bitcoin is getting close to that point. As I argued, once Bitcoin’s price falls below its cost of mining, the incentive to mine will deteriorate, thrusting bitcoin into a death spiral. That is, without the mining activities supporting the ledger that maintains the records of who owns what — bitcoin is, after all, a set of encrypted numbers that cannot establish the ownership of anything — bitcoin will become worthless..."

Hunker down, crypto owners, the worst is yet to come: Fred Wilson
    The VC guy who advocated trimming bitcoin longs above $17,000 says there’s more pain in sight for the crypto community
    Published: Nov 29, 2018 9:33 a.m. ET
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...e-worst-is-yet-to-come-fred-wilson-2018-11-29

Opinion: Bitcoin still fooling buyers into believing those 200%-plus gains are coming back
    Speculative investments that do not generate cash are prone to bubbles and crashes
    Published: Nov 19, 2018 9:22 a.m. ET
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/b...ose-200-plus-gains-are-coming-back-2018-11-16

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Dr. AMK and Jarhead like this.
  6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    About time that the fad breaks down. Those early adopters got a nice cut from the pyramid, though I can’t say I feel too sorry for the follow-up investors.

Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  7. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    The Rise of Artificial Intelligence | Documentary HD

hmscott likes this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    #bitcoinboom #marketcrash #pain
    We are closing. The hard truth behind crypto
    Digital Gold
    Published on Dec 6, 2018

CryptoPope 2 days ago
    "I don’t get it, 4 days ago your video was talking about how you outlasted multi-million dollar mining operations. All the rigs were on in the background and today everything is off and disassembled? Feel for you Bro"

7 Rigs for 7 Brothers. Water wall aluminum
    Digital Gold
    Premiered 101 minutes ago
    After the amazing support I want to take you on the journey of closing the company.

Emily and Me 1 hour ago
    "Still don't get how everyone asked to shut down so quick? Seemed a week ago it was still good?"

bombebomb 1 hour ago
    "It's been bad for six months, it's been real bad for 3, and super bad for the last two weeks."

See the boxes of 1080ti's soon to hit the used market...

Bitcoin Bananza
    Digital Gold
    Streamed live on Dec 7, 2017

Digie Gold "Data Center Closing Video Guy" Launches Go Fund Me
    submitted 11 hours ago by electroplush
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/comments/a4gmm0/digie_gold_data_center_closing_video_guy_launches/

I'm DONE Buying Bitcoin
    BitBoy Crypto
    Published on Dec 6, 2018
    #crypto #bitcoin #bitcoincrash

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Dr. AMK likes this.