All about Bezel-less and Foldable Smart Devices

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Dr. AMK, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    A few different views / perspectives on the new Android / ARM / Dual Display / X devices from Microsoft, check out the other links for more.

I'm most interested in the small Android device, Windows is still too much of bin fire disaster to touch to add to new form factor tech, in the past it's always a disappointment.

For me the first MS Tablets, MS Phone, etc are all regretful for everyone I've met that actually tried to use one day to day - with a few dediated fan's as exceptions. I am hoping it works out differently this time.

Surface Duo first look: Microsoft's foldable Android phone

The Verge
    Published on Oct 3, 2019
    Microsoft surprised us with the Surface Duo this week. It’s the long-awaited Surface phone that has been rumored for years, and in a further surprise, it’s running Google’s Android operating system. The Surface Duo has two 5.6-inch displays that fold out into a 8.3-inch overall screen, and it’s just 4.8mm thin.
    Read more: http://bit.ly/2oHAaXD
    Microsoft Surface Neo first look: http://bit.ly/2owUIC3
    Surface Laptop 3 hands-on: http://bit.ly/2ovb5za
    Surface Pro X and Surface Pro 7 hands-on: http://bit.ly/2owDKnv
    Surface Earbuds hands-on: http://bit.ly/2n4Dpbi
    Top announcements from Microsoft’s Surface event: http://bit.ly/2n1n9I0

The Surface Neo Has Me Feeling...
    Lew Later
    Published on Oct 3, 2019
    Microsoft is launching some ambitious products including the a new Surface Pro X, Surface Neo and Surface Duo. These devices are challenging the notion of what computers/smartphones should look like and how they should behave.

The Microsoft Surface Phone Is Happening
    Unbox Therapy
    Published on Oct 2, 2019
    Microsoft just went full science fiction in today's event launching a number of futuristic Surface products. We'll be seeing a new Surface Laptop 3, Surface Pro 7, Surface Pro X, Surface Neo (Folding tablet) and Surface Duo (Folding smartphone). Microsoft also announced some fully wireless earbuds named... you guessed it, the Surface Earbuds.

Talking Tech with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella!
    Marques Brownlee
    Published on Oct 3, 2019
    Satya Nadella talks Microsoft, new products, Steve Baller's advice and going to Mars!
    2020 Surface Products
    Surface Neo and Surface

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Vasudev and Dr. AMK like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    MSFT's foldable Android Phone is just a experiment and will be forgotten like WP. I won't buy any MSFT products aside from MSO and Windows.

Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  4. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    I agree with you for the past devices, but I think those new products are different and I'll give it a try.

hmscott, Vasudev and Spartan like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Good luck brother!

Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  6. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 - FIRST LOOK

hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    More foldable reviews, IDK I think I still like the double / dual screen "foldable" as I can do without the added worry of the screen splitting / wearing over time. Plus the large cost increase to "MacGyver" the hinge adds way too much to the entry price of those devices for me to venture into them. The added screen via case like the Asus ROG Phone or the LG dual screens match the available technology and minimize the cost while providing more usable screen area.

LG G8X Proves Foldables are Coming!

Marques Brownlee
    Published on Oct 31, 2019
    Folding phones are incoming. Believe it!

ASUS ROG 2 - The Best Deal On Android?
    Flossy Carter
    Published on Oct 29, 2019
    ASUS ROG 2 - The Best Deal On Android? 30W Charger/ Fan Available with the max configuration. Fan and accessories sold separately.

Every other phone is dead to me. - Galaxy Fold Review

Linus Tech Tips
    Published on Oct 28, 2019
    While there have been unique smartphone designs out of China in the past couple years, the Samsung Galaxy Fold is the first device since maybe the iPhone 4 to really be a game-changer.

Man, those screen "notch"'es all suck, that's one thing I wish would change in all phones. Even though the Samsung Note 10+'s small "dot" notch is the least intrusive - it still bugs me when I am watching full screen videos - using Netflix downloaded movies is awesome but that cutout "dot" sticks out such that even after you get used to it being there as soon as there is a scene change with a different contrast / brightness that dark "dot" pokes up into your eye.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Vasudev and Dr. AMK like this.
  8. eth3rton

eth3rton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    eh, I don't think the foldables will be around that long. It's just the current fad, hopefully...lol

hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    I'm waiting for the "Origami" foldables.

I'd like a bird perched on my shoulder that folds out into a tablet. :confused::D:eek:o_O

10. hmscott

Reputations:
    I must say my StarTac's, Razr's, all my little Moto's are jumping up and down with excitment. So am I. $1499!!! Pass.

2020 Moto RAZR Impressions! The Return of a Folding Icon!
    Marques Brownlee
    Published on Nov 14, 2019
    The Motorola RAZR is back for 2020. The flip phone re-invented. With a bunch of catches.

Motorola Razr first look: A foldable and flip phone in one
    CNET
    Published on Nov 13, 2019
    Motorola's new foldable phone costs $1,500 and folds in half from top to bottom. We walk you through the screen, the specs and what it's like to use.

OMG, even worse, it's got a giant notch. WTH? There's plenty of room on that device to put the notch-components. Free Our Screens!! Man that's gonna suck for watching video with that huge notch cut out. First thing I would think of when my eye gets poked out by that notch, "I paid $1500 for this... GIANT NOTCH!!??"
    NOTCH NOTCH NOTCH.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Tinderbox (UK) likes this.