Alienware X51 Desktop Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Alienware Desktops' started by Game7a1, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I shoved Gtx980m because @MSGaldenzi can see that it's totally normal that DELLIENWARE deliver crippled performance vs other brands models. Remember he switched from previous Gtx980m who perform normally compared to Aw machines...
    But I post a new link so you self can go into and self see that DELLIENWARE also deliver CRIPPLED performance in their mini desktops... Compared to other with same hardware. You will see Alienware machines in the lower part in 3Dmark.com performance rating in Firestrike... I have seen it before. THIS IS BY DESIGN!!!
    http://www.3dmark.com/search?_ga=1.185771117.510117341.1461847381#/?mode=advanced&url=/proxycon/ajax/search/cpugpu/fs/P/2042/982/8800?minScore=0&cpuName=Intel Core i5-6400 Processor&gpuName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Gtx970 is a crippled card.., I know, but the performance from this graphics is crippled even more by DELLIENWARE. Sorry, so it is... 3Dm Firestrike score below 8000 isn't normal for this medium/low end desktop graphics. Aren't you agree?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. soulvengeance

soulvengeance Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    See, it isn't so hard to post on topic, is it? You can agree that this post is much more constructive then your previous post, and you didn't even need to post your Pussy Crusher scores for no apparent reason. Amazing!

3. Papusan

Reputations:
    I presume you looked into my Hwbot wall and saw my benchmark scores by you self. Therefore I thought I don't need to post more nice bench results from Pussy Crusher. It's important to show everyone how hardware should work in a non Crippled computer...
    BTW Have you peaked in the Futuremark link I posted and searched for Gtx970 bench scores from a non Crippled pc and Aw's lower results ? Because the very very low bench score was the reason for posting in this thread. 7950P in Firestrike from that AW **** machine is more likely normal behavior from any DELLINWARE computer. You will definitely see more low bench scores from Aw in the lower end in the Firestrike bench rankings.
    I expected your comments about this Aw machines low Firestrike score. But you couldn't answer on this.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  4. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    @Papusan Here's another benchmark of the X51 R3 with a GTX 970. I chose a stock benchmark since it's easier to compare stock for stock.
    Remember to not come to conclusions based off of one source. I know you already posted the link above, but it's just a reminder. This whole argument stemmed from one result. There may have been problems with the refurbished X51 R3 we don't know.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    You are allowed to react when the benchmark score people showing is lower than what is normal for the hardware. Whether you run the cards stock or overclocked. In addition, use also Dell one of the weakest performing Gtx970 you can purchase. Dell must do this because the better performing Gtx970 cards can't be cooled well enough in this small enclosure/cabinet. This is a well known topic if you follow what's been sold today. Better performing hardware need better cabinet to allow for better cooling. You can't put in 980 desktop version for laptops in a Aw14 either:D That's how it is.

6. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    You're dodging what I said. I said come to conclusions, not to respond to something. They are completely different things. I leave it at that.
    The last thing I want this owner's lounge to become is another debate thread about whose computer (not desktop, not laptop; their own computer, regardless of brand) is better and whose is worse. This is a place for those who own an X51. At least respect that.

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    I agree with much of what you say, but when benchmark does not correspond with the reality, you should speak up. I shall not harp more on this.
    Ps. Maybe put in what performance this hardware should deliver with well working hardware in first post in the thread, so people know what they should expect from their purchase.

8. Game7a1

Game7a1 ?

Reputations:
    1. I agree about being skeptical of something and talking about it.
    2. I wish we [X51 owners] could do that. There aren't many X51 owners here, and aside from the GPUs I have (GTX 960 / R9 285, which work well in the X51 R1), we would have to go to other forums to see their performance can compare to the average performance (and AWA is not one of those forums). I know my GTX 960 isn't comparable since it has a voltage problem (but it works fine, so I don't really care), but my R9 285 seems to be around the average/expected. I know a GTX 980 can work in an X51 with an R2 power board (you need a smaller front fan for the upgrade to fit), so if I can do that (money + time), I can do some GTX 980 comparisons.

Papusan likes this.
  9. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Whoa... I have spent quite a bit of time away from the forums and I return to all this... lol. Guys, lets all just hug it out and leave the bashing for youtube... this is a community of like minded individuals who enjoy computers.

My choice of getting an alienware x51r3 was because I don't have time to fiddle with things... I just want a stable computer that I can turn on, dl/run a game and play... not to stomp benchmarks. I got out of the "pissing contest" when I grew up and realized that fast computers and fast cars are more about how much money you throw at it. Now I stick to price/performance/warranty on computers and with cars I just do spec miata.

So as I brought up my issues to dell and they wanted to keep my business. They ended up sending me an upgraded x51r3 with an i7/970 and threw in a pcie ssd and blueray. I have since upgraded the ram to 32gb (why not) and it seems to be running like a champ. I ran a firestrike a while ago but can't remember what it was and it was still setteling anyway. Either way I am into it for <900 and I was able to sell my old AW17r3 for 1200 so with the little gaming I do, I am still ahead.

10. quicksilv3r

quicksilv3r Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    any1 know if the new GTX 1070 will work on x51 R2?
    GTX 1080 uses TDP 180W,<<tdp way to high. would need PSU mods.
    GTX 980 uses TDP 165W, <<works but, tdp to high needs PSU mods.
    GTX 970 uses TDP 145W,<<works, tdp is in perfect PSU range no mods.
    but the GTX 1070 is unknown atm. if its under TDP 160W, i think it would work but might need PSU mods. so i hope its closer to around TDP 150W!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.