Alienware with Coffee Lake

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by robert77, Jul 24, 2017.

1. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    true that ~!

ssj92 likes this.
  2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @woodzstack Any news on when can we expect new Alienwares with Coffee Lake CPUs and hopefully more RAM ports?

ssj92 likes this.
  3. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I'd love to hear your source on this.....I really doubt Alienware will ever go back to LGA/MXM.

4. Ravern87

Ravern87 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im curious as to why you think that alienware will be bringing back lga gpus in their laptops?? Not bcuz i disagree with you only because i have also heard rumors of this and was curious what kind of info or rumors if any youve heard. Im on the alienware subreddit almost everyday and a guy who posts there named Umar is actually an dellienware employee. He posts on the boards quite frequently to ask us questions and talk about alienware products n what not. Hes pretty active on the boards.

But anyways on a particular post in the sub about future alienware offerings someone brought up that they would love to see alienware bring back socketed hardware in their laptops. Umar hinted that alienware "was working" on new laptops to bring back lga components back to their laptop lineup. I forget the name but whatever big computer event that takes place in January i when he said to keep a lookout.

5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    It’s called CES and if Alienware reveals a LGA/MXM laptop at CES 2018 I will streak the White House lawn. It sounds ridiculous for them to go back to sockets after investing so much into BGA. So long as Frank Azor is there, BGA will be there as well.

Ultra Male, sicily428 and ssj92 like this.
  6. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @woodzstack said Intel will have coffee lake LGA Mobile lineup. So Intel is rumored to be bringing back LGA, not Alienware.

If Intel brings it back, then there is a good chance you are streaking :p

I agree that Alienware will never have LGA Desktop CPU in their notebooks.

I would not be surprised if AW builds another SLI monster though... They are one of the only "Gaming" brands without one now (MSI, Clevo, Acer, Gygabyte/Aorus, Asus all have one)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    ssj92 likes this.
  7. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    I'd be perfectly fine with mobile PGA cpus since they will be following the 6-core hype next year anyways.

If they make another 18" monster with SLI MXM GPUs and mobile PGA CPU I'll be hopping on the hype.

sicily428 likes this.
  8. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    Intel LGA Mobile? 6-cores or 8-cores? Coffee or tiger?

9. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well from what I see coffee lake isn't really impressive compaired to kaby lake your dollar per performance isn't worth the upgrade id go kaby lake its cheaper, virturally the same performance and is best band for your buck atm as far as cpu goes

Ultra Male likes this.
  10. fire3element

fire3element Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think Alienware has a lot more work to do than just new CPU and GPU. Like fixing the screen bezel inconsistency, lackluster displays, poor resistance to wear of the interior finish, and that 3 legged dog.
    Honestly, the whole lineup needs an overhaul. Dell really needs to get them in line, and focus on slimming down and refining the designs.
    Wishful thinking, i know.

DontWorrys and nedooo like this.