1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Alienware TactX mouse or Razer Mamba??

Discussion in 'Side Topics' started by AlienContact, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienContact

AlienContact Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, i'm currently using dell's blue tooth wireless mouse and this thing hoggs batteries like heck and it's slow....I need a gaming mouse bad!! Anyone can suggest which one to get... Wired/Alien FX cool?? vs wired/wireless...w/charger... wireless and charger I don't care much..for.. which one would be better for games... such as COD Modern warfare 2. etc.....shooters?? Anyone has one or can suggest any other mouse pls help!

2. panyihan

panyihan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think the logitech G9X would be your best choice. I've been using it for 3 months

3. Scytus

Scytus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    G9x and TactX should be identical, from what I've been reading

4. hazardic

hazardic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i've been using razer mamba for 3 mounth already. its the best mouse for my purposes - precision editing and sometimes precision gaming. i'm using wireless mode - and with 1ghz polling rate, 4000 dpi and macros ability (the design important for me too) it became a new standart of wireless mouse for me

5. Glzmo

Glzmo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I suggest the Logitech G500. 10 programmable buttons plus a scrollwheel mode switch, that unlike the G9x/TactX (both of which have only 9 programmable buttons, by the way) are all easily accessible, 200-5700dpi, 1GHz polling rate, less expensive.

Logitech mice are a lot more sturdy than Razer mice, too.

6. EviLCorsaiR

EviLCorsaiR Asura

Reputations:
    Definetely the Alienware TactX. I don't know why Razer are still making mice, at least in my opinion they're inferior to those of other companies, especially when you look at the fact they don't even have a bloody DPI switch on the mouse which many other mice do now.

7. menengroth

menengroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the copperheads (released in 2005) and diamondbacks (released in 2004) do. and i think you can edit the side buttons on the deathadder to change DPI, not 100% sure on that though.

been using a Razer Death Adder for the last 3 years and its awesome, on my second one now as the first batch they made had faulty mousewheels which they later fixed. i use very low sensitivity in counterstrike source and high sensitivity in Quake & UT and its works perfectly on both

and i see they have a new revamped version that came out at the end of september

8. putochip0123

putochip0123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    im using copperhead, on my right hand side there are 2 button for DPI up and DPI down....

9. Marvie100

Marvie100 On a Mission

Reputations:
    Neither, Razer Orochi instead.

10. Helios123

Helios123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Consider the cooler master sentinel advance. I'm using one and it is awesome.

11. EviLCorsaiR

EviLCorsaiR Asura

Reputations:
    I personally just don't like Razer mice, I'm not entirely sure why.

Oh yeah, I remember. It's because my favourite mouse is, and always will be, the Logitech G9. (and the TactX is just a slightly modified G9) I'm considering a Cooler Master Sentinel Advance though, seeming as they look pretty good, so my G9 may soon become my second favourite mouse.

Rather than the TactX or the Mamba I'd actually recommend the Cooler Master Sentinel Advance, as it's as good as either of them with a sensor up to, what, 5600DPI is it? Plus, the lighting is just plain awesome, and it's really, really well priced.

Also, I'd recommend having a look at the Roccat Kone gaming mouse. My friend has one of those, and they're really good as well.

At the end of the day though, specifically out of the Mamba (or any other Razer mouse) or the TactX, I'd recommend the TactX.

12. Blue_Wolf

Blue_Wolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you were left-handed, what would you use?

13. EviLCorsaiR

EviLCorsaiR Asura

Reputations:
    I'm not entirely sure, becuase I THINK the TactX is designed for right handed users, but then again I'm not sure if the Mamba is designed for both hands either.

I'd do a search for them to find out. I do know off the top of my head though that the Roccat Kone and the CM Sentinel Advance are right handed.

14. jt-3

jt-3 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have the Razer Orochi and absolutely love it. That'd be my recommendation.

15. MaoMau

MaoMau Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'am using Razer Diamondback right now and it Rocks !!

But to compare Alienware TactX and Razer Mamba i would go for Mamba because wireless mouse is very useful for laptop .. + Dual Mode Wired/Wireless Functionality and seven programmable buttons for gaming

Hope this helps =)

16. Soran_F

Soran_F Zero

Reputations:
  17. Glzmo

Glzmo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Again, I recommend the new Logitech G500 over the Logitech G9x. I've been using G9 and G9x for a long time and switched to the G500, which is much better overall. All 10 programmable mouse buttons and scroll wheel mode switch (up on top) are easily accessible on the G500 and the shape is more comfortable (at least for my hand), whereas some of the G9's 9 programmable buttons are awkwardly placed and the mouse wheel mode switch is on the bottom, so you have to lift up your mouse to switch modes.
    Software is the same for both, and another big plus for the G500 is that it costs quite a bit less.
    The G500 is as if the G5 and the G9x had a child and it surpassed both of it's parents. ;)

18. whitelight01

whitelight01 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    SidewinderX8...I had a razer before & feel this is better suited for my hand & needs.

19. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    How is the Logitech Performance Mouse MX? I used to have the MX Revolution and loved it until my brother broke the usb reciever :( Saddest day of my life. I also like the scroll wheel in the thumb pocket, but havn't seen any new mice that have this, at least from logitech. So how is the Preformance MX? Any experiences?

20. Ardbeg

Ardbeg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Incorrect!

I use the Razer Lachesis and the new Mamba, The Mamba and lechesis have on the fly DPi Switching from the mouse as well as profile switching using software provided. All of the others do as well. See this URL: http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/technology/on-the-fly-sensitivity/28.html
    Use the comparison chart, all mice except the new Naga MMO Mouse have on the fly Dpi Switching :)

You have the option to store up to 5 different DPi/Button profiles on these two mice.

The Mamba can be wired or wireless to suit, and is very fast at max setting, coupled with a destructor mouse mat, you can't go wrong!

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-mamba/

The Lechesis, is also Ambidextrous, so it is good for Goofy or Regular mouse users.

I have not tried the Tactx, it looks a bit cumbersome and franckly quite ugly.