1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Alienware TactX mouse or Razer Mamba??

Discussion in 'Side Topics' started by AlienContact, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienContact

AlienContact Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, i'm currently using dell's blue tooth wireless mouse and this thing hoggs batteries like heck and it's slow....I need a gaming mouse bad!! Anyone can suggest which one to get... Wired/Alien FX cool?? vs wired/wireless...w/charger... wireless and charger I don't care much..for.. which one would be better for games... such as COD Modern warfare 2. etc.....shooters?? Anyone has one or can suggest any other mouse pls help!

2. panyihan

panyihan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think the logitech G9X would be your best choice. I've been using it for 3 months

3. Scytus

Scytus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    G9x and TactX should be identical, from what I've been reading

4. hazardic

hazardic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i've been using razer mamba for 3 mounth already. its the best mouse for my purposes - precision editing and sometimes precision gaming. i'm using wireless mode - and with 1ghz polling rate, 4000 dpi and macros ability (the design important for me too) it became a new standart of wireless mouse for me

5. Glzmo

Glzmo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I suggest the Logitech G500. 10 programmable buttons plus a scrollwheel mode switch, that unlike the G9x/TactX (both of which have only 9 programmable buttons, by the way) are all easily accessible, 200-5700dpi, 1GHz polling rate, less expensive.

Logitech mice are a lot more sturdy than Razer mice, too.

6. EviLCorsaiR

EviLCorsaiR Asura

Reputations:
    Definetely the Alienware TactX. I don't know why Razer are still making mice, at least in my opinion they're inferior to those of other companies, especially when you look at the fact they don't even have a bloody DPI switch on the mouse which many other mice do now.

7. menengroth

menengroth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the copperheads (released in 2005) and diamondbacks (released in 2004) do. and i think you can edit the side buttons on the deathadder to change DPI, not 100% sure on that though.

been using a Razer Death Adder for the last 3 years and its awesome, on my second one now as the first batch they made had faulty mousewheels which they later fixed. i use very low sensitivity in counterstrike source and high sensitivity in Quake & UT and its works perfectly on both

and i see they have a new revamped version that came out at the end of september

8. putochip0123

putochip0123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    im using copperhead, on my right hand side there are 2 button for DPI up and DPI down....

9. Marvie100

Marvie100 On a Mission

Reputations:
    Neither, Razer Orochi instead.

10. Helios123

Helios123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Consider the cooler master sentinel advance. I'm using one and it is awesome.