Alienware M18X - Guessing the Launch Date

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by RRei, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRei

RRei Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know if a thread like this was made or not, and if it was im very sorry. I wanted to make this thread, because I wanted to get your opinion on when this laptop is going to be released. ""zor said today that it will be released in May, but when in May :\ - Someone on here told me it might be before May 16th, which is a good guess but what do you guys think? Post your thoughts!

2. Cerberus

Cerberus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Exactly my main concern, I mean I'm selling My R3 while it's still in its box (didn't even open it :(), been working on a crappy old HP laptop my company provided me with for the past 3 months after my own laptop died on me, so I'm beginning to forget what pc gaming even feels like :( :D (luckily my ps3 is here to help me through this tough phase).
    So I was soooo eager to order today, only to find out the M18X won't release till may :mad:
    Therefore I'm so anxious to find out when exactly it will launch, but I'm fearing it won't be before mid may since that's when the Z68 is due to be released :(
    Hope I'm wrong...

3. claxdog

claxdog Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    5-11-11
    10char

4. sentinex

sentinex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was Hoping it would be released today so I can cancel my order for the M17x-R3 but seems that was a bust. sadly I am in the same position as ryan23 but it seems I am just gonna keep my m17x-r3.

Even if is release the 16th of may it would take at least 1 month and one week to get to us( taking same production time as the m17x-R3) So We would end up getting a laptop in 3rd week of June?

5. Schlitz

Schlitz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  6. Cerberus

Cerberus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  7. RRei

RRei Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i just hope its released the first week of May, so I only have to wait 2 weeks to buy it, then a week to get it.

8. 5150Joker

5150Joker Tech|Inferno

Reputations:
    5-24 is my guess.

9. NYC Drifter

NYC Drifter Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    More than a month away:( I was going to order an M17X today, but thought that I could wait. :rolleyes:

10. Comrade Ynot

Comrade Ynot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    May 18. Why?

Well, May starts with M, thus M18, and if you take the a out of May, you get A for alienware, and the y in May is the letter right before X in the alphabet. So Alienware M18x...when filtered through my top secret encryption software spits out, MAX 18 and that is of course May 18th.

Truthfully I have no clue, I just want it here soon, so I can order it, the more time till it goes up, the more time I have to let my mind wander with stupid stuff like the above :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.