Alienware M17X 1200P Display (new), New CPU, New Video Card, SSD, Blu-Ray, Complete Care, $1500 Takes It! Received yesterday!!!!!

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by invinceable, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well at least i have spring break next week, but i really want to go away for a few days myself too and this is going into my schedule here a bit, i just don't want to be home and they again put the wrong screen in, that's my worries, for godsake i am not complaining and don't always have time to be on here! I have three classes today, sheesh, if you spent 1,500 or 3,000 for one of these beasts and dell gives you a broken display, broken gpu etc.. wouldn't you whine and complain all day about this and that until they fix it for you but hey it in the end, when were all dead it won't matter but i am still breathing and shall complain sheesh, its not like i complain about something like this all day. Another thing is i really wish vincent would at least talk in this thread he created instead of just viewing it and messaging me.

2. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. BigTymer

BigTymer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I would have sent the OP an email and checked the service tag with Dell to find out what screen the laptop was supposed to have. If it had the wrong screen I would have done a chat with tech support (never call), and setup a service call to replace.

I doubt anyone on this thread would agree that the buyer overpaid for this machine.

Your assertion that the item was falsely advertised is like saying if you went to bestbuy and bought a laptop and the specs were wrong it was bestbuys fault. I would call this a factory error, which could have been caught by the owner, but was not. Life goes on.

4. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    So you would not take the product back to Best Buy? The ones responsible for selling you a product they advertised? How would that not be best buys fault? Sure everyone makes mistakes, but if your selling an item, you have a responsibility. The least the OP could have done was issued an apology, which I'm sure he did. After all he doesn't owe it to me or you, but to freedom.

I'm not going ot argue the price, Freedom got a great price, I agree, but it's still not what he was told he was going to get. I'm not going to call the seller a liar, I don't know him. But what I do know is "inconvinice" wasn't on the original post. If the seller had explained it in the (wrong screen, buyer calls dell) OP, the laptop would still have sold and this thread would be 4 pages long found on page 4 of the MP. I'm just saying being caught off guard is not whining, and the seller had a responsibility, which he failed.

5. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Exactly he had a responsibility, but i am not going to call him a lair, i just love and love my 1200P lol, and I know for a reason that the CCFL has a knits level of 300 instead of the one i have now that seems to be 250 or so, and again improper avertising, and if best buy ever screwed me over and something which has happened once or twice it has happened i made sure i got that over and done with. DR650SE, what did you go through that i am going through?

6. DR650SE

Reputations:
    Ebay, I think we've all been there. And I've purchased stuff at the store that wasn't packed right. The store (best buy actually) apologized and corrected the error. Bought car stereo. Didn't come with everything

7. BigTymer

BigTymer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, I think we (myself and the buyer and DR650SE) have philisophical differences when it comes to things regarding responsibility. No problem with that.

Enjoy your machine.

8. DR650SE

Reputations:
    lol, agreed. It's been fun though, and I agree with BigTymer, enjoy your M17X, it was a good deal

9. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes it has been so much fun on here, well no call today but i hope i get one soon enough today or tomorrow. I really have been kinda laughing here, all i want is a new gtx260 and my screen replaced and i am set this machine has so much power and the battery life is awesome with the 9400m.

10. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Fine fine, that was a joke for godsake, well anyway i will close the thread, i am not acting self-centered, but i will admit its a problem i have...... But i will now ask the mod to close the thread this is too much, i agree people need to sell stuff and not take away people's selling time. Moderator please again close the thread. By the way i have a habit of writing a lot alright?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.