Alienware M17X 1200P Display (new), New CPU, New Video Card, SSD, Blu-Ray, Complete Care, $1500 Takes It! Received yesterday!!!!!

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by invinceable, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fociz

Fociz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

What an intelligent rebuttle, you win a twinkie.

Let me try and explain something to you BigTyme since you seem to be quite thick.

Its called Integrity.
    Backbone.
    Following through.
    Doing whats right.

Those 4 small statements mean something to most adults that you and the OP have obviously failed to grasp, these are simple traits that someone with an IQ of 12 would understand.

But then were dealing with folks who are on the internet and are safe being dishonest pricks.
    So wth am i thinking!

2. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Ignorance is still no excuse. And it is fishy that it took the buyer so long to respond. Calling the seller a liar, thief, ect does no good. I agree. But perception is reality. Somehow I doubt the buyer would have been unhappy if he had recieved the item he payed for. If you've ever been in a similiar situation, I'm sure you would have been a bit ticked about being duped. I would. The buyer isn't new to Alienware, and he knew what he was buying. As long as it met the specs advertised, this thread never would have made it back to the top once the transaction was complete. If you can provide support for your arguement, and not restate it, or use personal attack, or red herring fallacies, feel free. The topic up for debate is the sellers actions, not the buyers response, which is perfectly logical. My premise was that regardless of what the seller "thought," is not an excuse for his actions.

3. BigTymer

BigTymer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I will break it down to the most basic elements so it can be understood.

The op advertised the laptop in big bold print in his thread title with a 1200P screen.

He provided a picture of the repair order, as well as later showing a reciept proving dell was supposed to put a 1200P in the machine and failed.

The buyer is getting a 1200P screen installed free of charge by dell.

The buyer cried about not getting instant response from the seller, then people called this guy a liar, thief, etc.

I called the guy out for being a whiner.

Thats it. I don't know either of these people, I just made my comments based on this thread. Take this for what its worth, which is nothing but commentary.

4. DR650SE

Reputations:
    Hmm, somehow I doubt it's free of charge when it takes your time. Time is money, and to spend extra time on the phone and off work to be there for a dell tech, is really not part of the buyers plan i'm guessing

Not to mention, the market place rules

4) You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession. *1200P screen...dells possession... Owners possession? 900P...

And if you could be so kind as to provide a definition of a whiner, i'd be interested.

5. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow just wow! This thread has exploded since last night. I just about agree with everyone here has said, except for the childish comment on the parents still pay for car insurrance etc... I am currently in class and just amazed for the alienware people defending me here. I will respond soon enough. I am not trying to be a whinner either, or complain about childish things. Humans have used the internet to their own means terribly and cheated many people, and we have to worry. I am waiting for a tech to call me and I have a dispatch number its just this is getting in the way of my schedule.

6. BigTymer

BigTymer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Above is textbook whining IMO. Again, this is a matter of opinion, and in my opinion is this guy is a whiner. If we did a poll do I think greater than 50% of people that read this thread would agree with me? yes.

Does the buyer make it seem like the world is coming to an end because his screen resolution will be lower for a week? Does to me.

7. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I didn't know that the rule also in the sell thread was about not selling what is in your possesion.

8. DR650SE

Reputations:

If you know anything about an argument then I'm sure you've learned about the fallacies I've previously mentioned, which you continue to commit. If that is the extent of your support for your premise, then I think your misguided. The bottom line is that the seller was ill informed, and his ignorance cost the freedom his day off. Which is a valuable thing. Playground antics of an "appeal to popularity" argument just provide evidence of your immature behavior. If you can't see that all the buyer wanted was a timely response, and not an excuse by the seller, then you see that it was not whining. Not everyone has time to sit at home and troll NBR. (like me ;) ) The buyer handed over $1500 for a certain laptop under the basis of recieving a certain laptop. That was the deal, black and white. I suppose if you handed over $1500 of your money, you wouldn't have a problem accepting the 900P (when told you were getting 1200P) screen would you? Be honest.

9. BigTymer

BigTymer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You keep coming back to this idea there is an arguement. There is no arguement.

I stated my opinion, which is not something up for arguement if you understand the definition of the word arguement. I provided the basis for my opinion as a courtesy to help people understand why I chose to respond.

There may be some debate that the seller knew he was selling a 900P screen, but reading the thread, and seeing the documentation, I do not think that debate would end with willfull deciet on the part or the seller.

The buyer is whining about losing a day off, after getting a good deal on the laptop, and represents that somehow Dell would not be able to come on any other day that when he is soonest available. Anyone that has done service calls with Dell can tell you they are very flexible, and my guess is the op is impatient, as well as a whiner, and just wanted his screen as fast as possible, all while whining during the process.

Is screen resolution not being 1200P for a week earthshattering?

For the 50th time - IMO its whining.

10. DR650SE

Reputations:
    Not willful deciet, just ignorace, and you've stated it 6 times, not 50

Just provide me an example about how you would go about it differantly seeing as you would have no problem overpaying for an item falsly advertised

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.