Alienware M17X 1200P Display (new), New CPU, New Video Card, SSD, Blu-Ray, Complete Care, $1500 Takes It! Received yesterday!!!!!

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by invinceable, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well he did message me right now. He said he was away for a few days, now that's cool and all but still one should respond and see how things are going. He showed me his original receipt but man i'll tell you i am not trying to say scam or anything cause i did do paypal and i waited many many days for it go through and i payed 167 or a bit less for next day air, i even tried to get a discount for my birthday last tuesday! lol, i just feel a individual should check these type of things instead of even selling or pulling the trigger here. Time is money very much, especially the older you get. He is my sister's age anyway, so i can understand, but i do feel a bit unsatisfied by this purchase in terms of the woes simply ones mostly, but stressing in terms of calling dell all day and being on hold lol, I have midterms to do sheesh can i ever get a break. hey DR650SE thanks i believe i deserve it for what i am going through, on friday is the only day i get off and the tech might come that day and i already have plans with school, and fafsa and civil air patrol.

2. BigTymer

BigTymer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I am not trying to be mean, but man you need a huge plate of cheese to go with the below post. Maybe I am just getting older and more understanding, but damn. You got a great deal on this thing, the guy sent it as promised, and proved he was not trying to scam you, and you just whine and whine. You remind me of one of these kids with their mommy at the store crying about not getting TWO toys.

Yea, things did not go as well as they could have, you had to put some leg work in, and are still going to, but in the end you got a smoking deal. Pretty much deal with it, and quit fitting the profile or todays spoiled crybabies of a generation.

3. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Not really sure if you've been paying attention, or even reading the thread, but lets see

Sent it as promised??

Looks like a 1200P screen was promised, and a 900P screen delivered.

I'm not sure what your interpretation of a "promise" is, but it appears pretty loose.

Tell me how you wold feel if you were in the buyers shoes and you paid for a 1200P screen and got a 900P screen, and then the seller droped off. Whether he got a deal or not is irrelavant to the issue. If your selling a product, or getting something replaced, your responsible for knowing what it is your selling/recieving. Ignorance is no excuse. The seller is doing the right thing by finally contacting the buyer, but I wouldn't consider getting upset over being decieved to (by accident or not) whining. And it in no way is the same as a child in a store.

4. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's not exactly his fault, Dell Promised him a 1200p screen, he thought he had a 1200p screen, when it was really a 900p screen. I mean he sold it FAST, couldn't you tell from reading this thread from the beginning? He simply didn't check, it's an understandable mistake, i mean I don't check or question every little thing about some of the stuff I buy especially when I'm trying to quickly turn it around and sell the thing. Life is too complicated to see all the details, especially for the adults who have a life beyond just playing games....

At the end of the day the fault is on Dell's part, is it not? You can shift this blame however you want, but in the end you are just doing that, Shifting it.

5. DR650SE

Reputations:
    I agree, the mistake was not done intentionally, but as a consumer, if dell is replacing my screen, I'm at least going to check to make sure I was giving the right screen. All it takes is 30 sec. to check the display properties. But as a seller, it is the sellers responsibility to assure that they are advetising thier product accurately. Thats pretty basic. Yes. dell installed the wrong screen, but as a seller you have a responsibility.

6. Fociz

Fociz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Retard much Bigtyme?

The OP is completely at fault here.
    The guy is a coward and a cheat, he was deceitful on the product he actually sent and if it was a mistake then he's a total blithering idiot for not making sure of his product before selling it. My money is on him being deceitful.

He hasnt responded once to his buyer on his own thread and dont pretend he hasnt been watching this thread.
    He's been a away for a few days? give me a break.

I call bull on this OP and if it were me id be on with paypal trying to ream this dooshbag for every penny i sent him.

7. BigTymer

BigTymer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Example # 2 of the state of people today.

I guess he made up the reciept he showed the buyer too.....

Do your parents still pay for your cell phone and car insurance?

8. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Meh, for 1500 with a SSD and Blu Ray I'll take that laptop, even with a 900p screen. I'll gladdy take it, I just had loaned out my money to a friend to pay for his college tuition so he can graduate, so that's why I'm currently out a few thousand, but otherwise I'd take it in a heart beat, the fact that it's hit +4 some pages with complaints just makes me scream spoiled.

9. DR650SE

Reputations:
    Bigtymer Please explain to me under what circumstances false advertising is considered appropriate (intentionally or not). I just want an honest answer.

Darkloki, I agree, it's still a deal, but wouldn't you be the least but disappointed if you thought a 1200P screen was coming (and you paid for it) and was advertised and it showed up with a 900P?

10. BigTymer

BigTymer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    If dell has agreed to replace the screen with a 1200P one, then I do not consider it false advertising. I consider it someone who sells a laptop like this for $1500 not knowing enough, or bothering, or needing the money that fast, that he made the mistake of not checking.

The seller made a mistake, but proved it was an honest one, and being called a liar, cheat, thief, etc. is not true. very simple.

People sometimes forget not everyone knows or cares for every detail, and while I agree you should take care in advertising and selling expensive items, he obviously put it the title of the thread what he thought he had, and what Dell promised to give him, and is giving the buyer.

Yea, it was not a perfect seemless transaction, but by the whining of the buyer, I have a feeling no matter what there was going to be complaining IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.