1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

alienware command centre doesnt change colors

Discussion in 'Alienware M15x' started by bigybooze, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigybooze

bigybooze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    whenever i start my alienware command centre, it gives me an error saying that my current theme is not compatible with my computer and when i go to the alienfx it shows to colors, just a blank grey background. all the other things work tho, like aliensense, fusion, etc.

here is a screenshot i took with my phone.

btw i downloaded the command centre from dell. i reinstalled it because at first it was giving some troubles; 1- i wasnt able to change the alienware name, the touchkeys, and the alienhead power button colors
    2- i couldnt save the changes, so whnever i close the lid or restart, it goes back to its original colors.

i am using an m15x. pls help

Attached Files:

2. inap

inap .........................

Reputations:
    try a power drain first. if not working then install it again but under repair install.

3. bigybooze

Reputations:
    sorry if i am causing you any troubles, but whats a power drain and whats a repair install? im sorry but i am still new to this

4. miahsoul

miahsoul Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but everything you need to know is explained in the new owner thread. It was the first thing I read when I got my aw. Anyway s, a pd is when you turn off the system and takeout the battery. The hold the power button for ten seconds and then put in the battery again and start it back up. Had fixed most of my problems on this system regarding aliemfx. Hope I helped

5. bigybooze

Reputations:
    thanks alot man. i will definitely make sure i read the new owner thread. thank you

6. bigybooze

Reputations:
    alright, i just did a power drain. i took out the battery, and held down the power button for 10 seconds, and put everything back together yet its still the same. also, it says the theme i am opening is not compatible.

btw, the computer keyboard does light up, but to its original settings and i cant hange it. i am using the newest version of the alien command centre

7. DboogieC

DboogieC Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    this sounds dumb, but are you saving the theme you made ? pressing apply ? Try reinstalling it. from the DELL SITE, not from the resource disc.

8. BatBoy

BatBoy NBR Community Moderator

Reputations:
    What 'm15x' do you have? System specs please - CPU and GPU? If you have the legacy 15 system, then the command center you downloaded from Dell will never work. I just want to clarify this... please confirm this is a DELL/AW M15x.

-----------

EDIT: Looks like you do have the legacy system. You mentioned yesterday you have an Area-51 m15x. Someone responded to your thread -

http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...a51-m15x-laptop-alienware-command-centre.html

Now, I have no idea if you did damage to your system by running the Command Center installer designed for the current Dell/AW M15x... Please discuss in your original thread -
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...a51-m15x-laptop-alienware-command-centre.html

Also please note, since you have an Area-51, it is a Legacy system. There is a dedicated subforum for this (http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-area-51-aurora-legacy-systems/). The M15x subforum is for current Dell/AW M15x owners. There is a difference. I'd hate to see you receive wrong information :(

Thanks.

9. bigybooze

Reputations:
    its an alienware area-51 m15x
    It has 150 gig hardrive
    nvidea 8800 graphics
    2.10 duo core
    windows Vista 64 bit
    2 gb of ram

i bought it a week ago, it came with the alienfx that was desgined for the new M15x, so i decided to uninstall it (since it didnt save any changes i made to it, and because i could ONLY change the keyboard and mousepad colors) but when i installed other versions of alienware command centre, none of them worked. so now i cant change the lighting.

here is a pic of the laptop,

10. BatBoy

BatBoy NBR Community Moderator

Reputations:
    see my post directly above yours :(