Alienware Area 51m 4k 120hz display Upgrade!!

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by trikolpona, Apr 6, 2020.

1. dydog

dydog Newbie

Reputations:
    I have to partially withdraw my hopes. The owner replied to me that 'it’s a 4K 60hz panel, not 120hz like the 03.3. Thickness is similar to the 03.3, the port is on the bottom middle'.
    I was hoping it could be 120Hz.
    As for the pictures, you can see them here, post on the top:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/official-clevo-x170sm-g-owners-lounge.831618/page-84

2. trikolpona

trikolpona Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    As far as i know B173ZAN05.0 will support AW A51m. I cant find the display anywhere. but this is my next target. I will defiantly post pictures once i have it. So finger crossed!!

3. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Hey, would you mind sharing the desktop wallpaper you have showing in the OP? It's dope.

4. trikolpona

trikolpona Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Its Wallpaper engine in steam. Its actually live wallpaper. Really nice in real life. Search Razer Vortex in wallpaper engine.

5. dydog

dydog Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you see the link I posted above? According to the user in this forum who owns the panel, it is miniLed yes, but not 120Hz. So I guess your B173ZAN03.3 is still far better

6. trikolpona

trikolpona Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mini LED is totally different technology. It is the future for me. As much as i researched B173ZAN05.0 is 144hz panel but even if its not, mini led have far more better quality then any backlit display. So i am willing to take the risk and try it. will post about my experience.

7. dydog

dydog Newbie

Reputations:
    I have spotted the same specifications on the few sites which report about the B173ZAN05.0, but when I contacted the owner, he told me it's 60Hz. No reason to think he's a liar, he posted the pictures.
    Talking about image quality, you are right, but most of the people here owning the A51-M look for fast screen for gaming.
    Anyway, I will search for more info before buying.
    Btw, a few days ago I contacted the seller in this link and he told me he had in stock:

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/4001...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

8. trikolpona

trikolpona Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  9. dydog

dydog Newbie

Reputations:
  10. Khenglish

Khenglish Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Speaking of 60 Hz panels:

I ordered a B156ZAN05.0 from ebay seller neidersch* and got a B156ZAN03.2 with the stickers peeled off and replaced with a B156ZAN05.0 sticker.

I will say though the B156ZAN03.2 is still much better than my Sharp and Samsung screens. Astounding color, contrast, and brightness, but not 120 Hz. Connector matches Samsung connector.

So yeah, who knows how many of these 120 Hz panels really exist and how many are scams.