Alienware Area 51m 4k 120hz display Upgrade!!

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by trikolpona, Apr 6, 2020.

1. trikolpona

trikolpona Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes this will work fine. Not sure about the gsync though.

Hariharasudan likes this.
  2. technyne

technyne Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can find them on ebay

3. technyne

Reputations:
    Yes but it looks like they are only offering 4k 60hz so if you can get your hands on a 120hz screen to be ready and don't order anything but the cheapest non 60hz screen. Makes me wonder if there cooling system will be swappable and be a bit better? Kinda hard to cool this 9900ks at 4.8ghz all core, not looking for more speed as it's already at the watt limit but damn 90c is hot.

4. dydog

dydog Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello to everybody. This is my first post on this forum, despite I have been reading it for a long time.
    I am from Italy and really struggling to find a B173ZAN03.3. It looks like they are out of stock from any reseller.
    Chinese resellers publish their offers, but when you place the order, they contact you to say to cancel the order or to propose lower specs monitors.
    This has happend to me both on Aliexpress and Ebay from a reseller which claims to have a stock, but then offer you to ship another 60 Hz model at the same price.

So beware!! Contact the reseller BEFORE placing the order, but be sure that you won't find it available from China now.

And finally, please, any kind user from this forum who should know of an available stock, be so kind to inform the forum here.

PS - do you know the AUO part numbers of 4K 60Hz monitors that are compatible with the A51-M? I'm considering to give up on the 120Hz.

5. technyne

Reputations:
    It's very difficult to find the screen period, don't just buy a 3.1 because you can't find a 3.3. took me a few months.

6. dydog

dydog Newbie

Reputations:
    I have spotted a few sites mentioning the B173ZAN05.0 display. Does anyone know anything about it?
    Is it maybe the anticipated miniled version of the 4K 120Hz display?

7. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    ebay

8. dydog

dydog Newbie

Reputations:
    On Ebay it appeared for a very limited time and then was sold.
    The seller ddidn't put any information on its specs, except that it is 4K 120Hz.

What I meant with my post was asking if anybody ever heard about it and knows its specs.

I was wondering if it's the miniled version of the B173ZAN03.3.

9. dydog

dydog Newbie

Reputations:
    I am now sure that the B173ZAN05.0 is the miniLED version of the B173ZAN03.3. An user in the forum owns it.
    I just need to understand if the thickness is compatible with our A51M.

10. technyne

Reputations:
    i would love to see pictures of the sticker, if its the same type infinity edge then yes it will work, doesn't even need to be 17.3'' but that's preferred probably by all. as long as it's a 40 pin eDP it will work in our computer, unless they revise pinout and i don't think that will happen