Alienware 51m OR razer blade pro 17 ? (two kinds of beasts)

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by Kamzan, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamzan

Kamzan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Im satisfied, as they offered to pay for the shiping one way. Though sending it to them from Israel, will cost me 300$.. for a machine i have for 3 days..

2. redsfan7035

redsfan7035 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Wait, your machine caught fire due to a faulty graphics card, that has been known for sometime but they still sold their old stock instead of sending it back, and they’re only covering shipping one way?!? That’s ridiculous lol

VoodooChild and etern4l like this.
  3. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This! It's unacceptable really.

I've a Area 51m on it's way from Hidevolution and they've assured me multiple times that will send the one with revised motherboard and gfx card but I'm still a bit skeptical about the whole thing. Reading posts like this doesn't raise my confidence even one bit because I'm absolutely not ok to spend $4000 on a system, paying $300 for international shipping and then when it breaks down with minimal usage, spending $300 more for return shipping costs too. It's unacceptable!

I'll keep you guys posted about how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

4. Kamzan

Kamzan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Apparently Dell israel covering warranty here for this system, so i can other fix it in my country for free, or spend 300$ to ship it back to hidevolution and get a new system ?

5. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm sure Dell Israel will replace your system as well, you just have to convince them with a little anger and some in depth system knowledge. Also, don't forget to ask for upgrades if you go this route because more often than not, Dell always throws in some upgrades in my on personal experience of 10+ years with AW.
    Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

6. redsfan7035

Reputations:
    You paid a premium to get a non crappy laptop from HIdevolution. This is a cost of doing business when something goes wrong. You need to tell them to fully cover the cost; this isn’t a normal warranty claim, your computer caught fire. If anything would have happened, that would be lawsuits galore. The fact that they knew there were older ones that had issues and still sold you it is the problem.

You need to tell hidevolution to fully cover you getting a new one, from them, or to give you money back so that you aren’t paying a premium, and you’ll work with Dell. They are clearly not taking this as seriously as they should and are basically treating you like a normal warranty claim. It’s freaking pathetic and you shouldn’t just go with what they say so easily.

VoodooChild and etern4l like this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    How can you be so sure it’s the “old stock”?

8. redsfan7035

Reputations:
    Then it would be even worse that HIDevolution is still selling them without knowing if the problem is corrected. They’ve even told other people that are concerned to not worry as they’re only selling the “corrected” systems.

9. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    So called “corrected” systems can still go up in smoke. And from what I know the owners haven’t confirmed/checked what he got.

Vasudev, Ashtrix and Arrrrbol like this.
  10. redsfan7035

Reputations:
    I’m not sure where you’re going with your statements? Regardless if every single one goes up in smoke, they should cover the costs to get you a new one lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.