Alienware 17 R5 (R1) BIOS Unlocked!

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by Striker1234, Mar 12, 2017.

1. tracy561

tracy561 Newbie

Reputations:
    Why like this? please help me.
    [​IMG]

2. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you get a bios update from Alienware within the last few months? The latest round of Bios's are protected meaning you can't go backwards anymore as they made changes to the micro code and don't want people rolling them back. Your stuck on the bios that you have.

Ashtrix likes this.
  3. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Can you provide more details ? Like which BIOS, Hardware and steps that you performed (you should use the sleep bug else the Secureflash will not allow you to flash the Unlocked sBIOS mod). If you follow all the steps, there shouldn't be any problem.

IIRC the new BIOSes (A15 with Spectre and Meltdown, Plus I don't recommend to bother with those fixes at all. Not dismissing the Spectre and Meltdown implications or the seriousness but whoever want to exploit your system and use these is highly diminishing returns with extreme resources why would anyone use these processor flaws and hack a single target, just update the browsers and get to know which softwares you are installing, it all depends on the end user not the HW, I'm running custom ROMs since a decade almost and no issues at all with massive Safety net trip, Xposed mods etc) won't prevent the users to flash or rollback. That's for the newer AW17 R4-5 ranges which prevent the TS and force to use the XTU...because see this (AW17 - A15) and this (AW18 - A13). & This (Alienware TS block with new BIOSes)

Apologies for late reply.

Edit : In case if the A15 is not allowing to flash the A14+ a.k.a unlocked A14 from this thread. Just rollback with the official AW14 BIOS from the Dell website and then perform the AW14+ modded sBIOS flash. It should allow you (Please let me know if this is the case, i.e the A15 -> A14+ not working, As I will update the thread by letting others know, thanks)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Striker1234 likes this.