Alienware 17 R5 (R1) BIOS Unlocked!

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by Striker1234, Mar 12, 2017.

1. RYUZAKI L

RYUZAKI L Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I'm happy to know that we can overcome the limitations of upgrades imposed on our Alienware 17 R1 laptops. Although I am no expert but reading the tips here in the forum I am almost able to install the A14 + BIOS shared by our friend "Javers" but I have not yet found a more detailed explanation of how to install the MOD BIOS in Alienware 17 R1 could someone please help me do this? I used the HxD Editor and I already changed the Service Tag of bios.bin A14 + from "Javers" to the same original service tag of my laptop and according to what I read here in the forum would be what it is necessary to do before flashing the BIOS but I am already about 4 hours looking for some step by step how to do this and I not find .. I will be very grateful if anyone can help me .. currently my laptop is with i7 4930MX //GTX 880m and the Original A14 BIOS provided by DELL and my desire is to upgrade it to a GTX 980m or GTX1070

2. RYUZAKI L

RYUZAKI L Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I'm happy to know that we can overcome the limitations of upgrades imposed on our Alienware 17 R1 laptops. Although I am no expert but reading the tips here in the forum I am almost able to install the A14 + BIOS shared by our friend "Javers" but I have not yet found a more detailed explanation of how to install the MOD BIOS in Alienware 17 R1 could someone please help me do this? I used the HxD Editor and I already changed the Service Tag of bios.bin A14 + from "Javers" to the same original service tag of my laptop and according to what I read here in the forum would be what it is necessary to do before flashing the BIOS but I am already about 4 hours looking for some step by step how to do this and I not find .. I will be very grateful if anyone can help me .. currently my laptop is with i7 4930MX //GTX 880m and the Original A14 BIOS provided by DELL and my desire is to upgrade it to a GTX 980m or GTX1070

Ashtrix and Nomad like this.