Alienware 15 services woes

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by suyash691, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    use this thread, keep us updated..

2. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Hes right. People often confuse refurbished with reconditioned.
    Even if you bought a part from the parts department directly you will be buying "Refurbished" parts which are usually if not all the time new parts. Not because the parts that have been refurbished but they are for refurbishment and are not sold in a retail situation. i.e. People dont buy an Optiplex motherboard to build and optiplex, people dont buy an Alienware motherboard to build an Alienware. They are ALWAYS bought to fix an existing system. i.e. Refurbish and existing system. Its some weird legal marketing thing. I had a long conversation with my sales rep and the parts department back when I was a VAR. So the dude that said he had 4 boards with the same audio chip defect probably was facing a bad driver that was being used or other other variable in the audio mix was the culprit. Even if all 4 boards were actually reconditioned boards it would be highly unlikely that 4 boards would have the same exact problem.

3. danger007

danger007 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well something happened to arrive in my e-mail this morning, I will have to pm it to.

4. suyash691

suyash691 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The phone guy is like that this maybe by design ........ i was like yeah this is a design flaw and since i have warranty you guys should make sure that this issue gets fixed for me. Trying to convince him for a system replacement still. Should i post about this on intel forums and show intel's response about whether throttling is "normal" or not?

5. orancanoren

orancanoren Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have been contacting the DELL executives for the past week. I have just sent an email to Michael DELL and CC'd many other executives. This is a major issue. The design flaws I have discussed includes the Samsung PM851 SSD slowdown issue, the damages on the battery caused by the constant usage of battery because of this whole hybrid BIOS bullsh*t (my battery won't charge), the Current Limit BIOS flaw; aside from the CPU throttling issue. I will let the community of this forum know how it went after this ends; and I assure you, I will not let this go. This has become a personal matter.

6. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    in that case, you should ask them for R2 version with 6700HQ, i know they will still say that throttling is normal, but ask them to compare two different models, even the low end low voltage chips on alienware 13, they dont throttle on high performance mode.. ill support you guys in anyway i could possibly do.. but you are the one whose gonna be leading ur case, i did the samething, i had no one backing me up except few people in forum, with the help of all links, videos, screenshots, multiple visits to HQ, explaining this **** to service centre guys, tech persons, senior managers, showroom sales persons etc.. dont give up bro, for me it finally paid off, im happy with skylake version..

orancanoren likes this.
  7. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    Where are you from?
    BBB! :D

8. jazkha

jazkha Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dude I can feel your pain I am having similar issues with my AW 15 R1 the throttling machine, dell have tried twice repairing the 4720HQ throttling problem they even replaced the motherboard and the heatsink but to no avail, I asked them for a system replacement but they said they can't promise that it will be approved fingers crossed if that doesn't work then BBB it is.

9. orancanoren

orancanoren Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am afraid I cannot file a BBB complaint outside the US. I tried it. I am contacting the executives. To be honest, I sent an email a week ago to the executives and it appears that they have redirected me to the tech support. In the end, DELL Turkey called me and told me they would assist even though my warranty is over. DELL Turkey said that they cannot replace or upgrade the laptop since my laptop is registered to US. Yesterday I sent an email to the executives again (recipient is Michael DELL and I CC'd some other executives) explaining the situation. I tried to emphasize this whole design flaw thing. It has been 15 hours now and I didn't get a reply. I will wait until Monday to get a reply. If I still don't get a reply by then I'll just keep sending emails.

10. shadowdeath9687

shadowdeath9687 Newbie

Reputations:
    Just an FYI buddy, Monday (July 4th) is a holiday in the US. I'd wait until Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.